Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 05:36 PM

Re: What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
One thing that springs to mind happened when I was in the RAF around 1991.
I was posted to Belize and following a typical drunken binge around the bars of San Pedro island I met up with some army lads and we took bets on a number of silly and foolhardy 'dares'.
I remember those lads ending up throttling a live chicken, or swimming with barracuda fish. My dare was to jump into an enclosure outside a bar which was occupied by several small sharks, around three to five feet in length, including two hammerheads. Being so drunk I didn't care, I more or less dived in and watched as these fish swam around me. Watching in horror and disbelief, the lads yanked me out before anything serious happened.
For my sins I was court martialled the following day.
Floydy
I know Belize as i lived there two years in Belize City I went to San Pedro for my honeymoon .
We went swimming with the sharks there in Shark ally .
The boatman was drunk and was tipping chum in like no tomorrow but luckily the sharks knew the difference between tourist and tuna !

I absolutely loved Belize it is a nature lovers paradise but the mosquitoes are as big as Messerschmitts and just as vicious .
At least in Buttonwood Bay which is where we lived .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Floydy
I know Belize as i lived there two years in Belize City I went to San Pedro for my honeymoon .
We went swimming with the sharks there in Shark ally .
The boatman was drunk and was tipping chum in like no tomorrow but luckily the sharks knew the difference between tourist and tuna !

I absolutely loved Belize it is a nature lovers paradise but the mosquitoes are as big as Messerschmitts and just as vicious .
At least in Buttonwood Bay which is where we lived .
Fantastic, Muddy.
This shark enclosure was at the back of a diner called Fido's and had a bar called the Purple Parrot bar. Do you remember the place at all, and do you recall a perforner called Dennis Woolf who used to play Jimmy Buffett songs at night? Some of the best times of my life were spent in Belize.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:10 PM

Working on the main deck of a ship in the midst of a hurricane and watching mountains of waves crashing over the rails. I, and the crew around me luckily had life lines attached, but if the line broke ....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Working on the main deck of a ship in the midst of a hurricane and watching mountains of waves crashing over the rails. I, and the crew around me luckily had life lines attached, but if the line broke ....
Scary!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:18 PM

simple GETTING MARRIED
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:28 PM

I once told the missus that her bum DID look big in that!,!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I once told the missus that her bum DID look big in that!,!
You really mean" looks like two cats fighting under a pillow"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:34 PM

Hi

I once stood on a krait, not a good thing to do.

I am very wary of snakes, so had my snake leggings on, so very lucky.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't do dangerous things
...well not consciously
Me neither, too scared .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:40 PM

A few years ago I was walking down the lane by our previous property and picked up a snake, which was in middle of the road. I didn't want it to get run over. It wasn't a bit grateful, it started to bite my shoe when I put it down. It was sometime later I realised it was an adder, WHOOPS!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top