Join for free
Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:10 AM

Re: Britain could leave the Bloc and do things better!

We shall see.

As things are, month after month Theresa the Appeaser gives more and more to the EU. I shouldn't be at all surprised if, when the time comes, we shall still be in the Empire in all but name.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We shall see.

As things are, month after month Theresa the Appeaser gives more and more to the EU. I shouldn't be at all surprised if, when the time comes, we shall still be in the Empire in all but name.
Hi

So we swap Theresa the Appeaser for Nigel or Jacob Rees Mogg.

Nothing will change, we will not get a better deal simply because we cannot deliver.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So we swap Theresa the Appeaser for Nigel or Jacob Rees Mogg.

Nothing will change, we will not get a better deal simply because we cannot deliver.
The majority voted to leave. Simple. We knew there would be consequences of not getting 'a deal', but we wanted our sovereignty back regardless.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The majority voted to leave. Simple. We knew there would be consequences of not getting 'a deal', but we wanted our sovereignty back regardless.
Hi

So why complain about the EU and others not giving us what we wanted?

We voted to leave and go out into the big bad World.

Part of the consequences is a reduction in living standards and it is my view that we should all take the hit.

Pensioners should not be exempt.

The Triple Lock has to go, we share the pain with everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:02 PM

It's the unnecessary reduction in living standards that i object to. We should have used our clout and fought our corner to change the EU's direction instead of embarking on this disastrous vanity project. Cameron should be taken to task.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
So why complain about the EU and others not giving us what we wanted?
Is that what I was doing?

What I am complaining about is our glorious leader handing the EU everything it wants for absolutely nothing.

What I am complaining about is the fact that we have not walked away without a 'deal', which is what the majority of us voted for in the referendum.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's the unnecessary reduction in living standards that i object to. We should have used our clout and fought our corner to change the EU's direction instead of embarking on this disastrous vanity project. Cameron should be taken to task.
That's just your typical middle class selfish gene kicking in there Annie.

There are millions of Brits who have much lower living standards than you and have done for decades and you have done nothing tangible to fight for them because you were alright.

I prefer the UK vanity project of self determination than the Franco/German vanity project of European domination.

Surprised you are on their side in this.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Logan ->
I don't think you would expect any organisation not to evolve with time. The EU is dynamic and changes with the membership of other nations, something the UK actively supported.

Britain supported the Maastricht Treat and the Lisbon Treaty.

Most economic studies I have read indicate free trade deals with ALL the potential nations around the world will fail to compensate for the loss of the single market.

Of course if a decent trade deal with passporting rights for The City is achieved that may go some way to compensate. However all the indications so far are negative. "Canada, plus, plus" is more likely just Canada.
The UK that's leaving is a much fitter, leaner and more dynamic economic entity.

Yes I agree and the reason for that was single market access and it's position within the EU that made it an attractive target for foreign investment. Britain competed successfully with member states whilst retaining it's industrial and labour market flexibility.

To continue that competitive edge outside in the world it will have to reduce many things. In particular employment rights, corporation tax and regulation.

Fear doesn't come into this debate. Fear is just the triumph of emotion over common sense. I would argue that Brexit is manifestly an abandonment of that.

Walking along the roof edge of a 20 storey building will induce fear.......Rightly so. Some Fear is necessary for safety.

The EU was walking towards the roof edge and we pulled back.....That's common sense!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:18 AM

We are doomed !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-03-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's just your typical middle class selfish gene kicking in there Annie.

There are millions of Brits who have much lower living standards than you and have done for decades and you have done nothing tangible to fight for them because you were alright.

I prefer the UK vanity project of self determination than the Franco/German vanity project of European domination.

Surprised you are on their side in this.
Well said.

It is upsetting to hear that there are still so many Brits who are anti-British. How things have changed over the past half century.

Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top