Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Should I or shouldn’t I ?

Take a bath ?
I long ago decided I was having difficulty pushing myself up and out and had an over bath shower installed but now I’m longing to take a bath . I used to love languishing in bath oil .

I live alone so have to weigh up , it worth risking? Could I turn over onto my knees and from there it would be easier to push up , possibly ?
Should I let the water out before I attempt this or will the water kind of buoy me ?

All this because I’ve booked a holiday with a hot tub on the balcony .
Assuming that’s a posh name for a bath
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Re: Should I or shouldn’t I ?

I always prefer a bath over a shower any day! So much more relaxing. Enjoy your holiday!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 03:39 PM

I have never liked baths, I like my ablutions to be over as quickly as possible, so I always have a shower.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:02 PM

I love hot tubs.
They are so relaxing and fun.
You can get bars fitted to your bath to help.
Have a wonderful holiday Zuleika, I hope you let us all know how lovely it was.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:07 PM

I love my bubble bath on a Friday and Saturday early evening. I have my shower every morning but the bathtime is wonderful, complete with scented tea candles and Lional Ritchie and Etta James through my headphones.

I too unfortunately found it difficult to get out of the bath, (fine getting in and sitting down) but as my bath is against the bathroom wall and there isn't much to get hold of on the wall side, he who must obey solved the problem by buying a bath stool, chopping the legs right down and then replacing the suckers that go on the ends of the legs. I keep it on the floor next to the bath whilst bathing and when ready to get out of the bath I position the stool behind me (its very light) so the stool is positioned a few inches just above where I am sitting in the bath. When I am ready to get out of the bath, I place it just behind me, put both elbows on the edges of the bath and hoist myself gently up a few inches and onto it. I am then in a much better position to stand up as it is more like getting up from a low chair than a slippery bath,which I found impossible and more likely for me to hurt myself. (I know this is not much help with a hot tub unless you take a little bath stool with you). but it really has been my saviour for my luxury soak and stopped the indignity of HWMO having to help me out of the bath every time.(that really made me feel old!!)
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:15 PM

Oh Zuleika I feel for you, I also had my bath taken out, and opted for a walk in shower, due to the same problems as you, but on a 'good' day how I long for a good old soak. I do now and then book into a hotel for the night, just for a long soak. Enjoy your holiday and a hot tub is so more than a bath, you will love it.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:20 PM

I don't have any problem getting in and out of the bath and prefer a bath to a shower. However, last summer my holiday lodge had a hot tub on the balcony and I had trouble getting my leg over Luckily for me I had someone to help raise my leg over the side while I clung on with both hands

I hope you have someone to help you in and out of your hot tub Zuleika as once in they are so relaxing especially with a glass of wine in your hand.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:24 PM

I envy my brother who has a walk in bath complete with door. I would love one of those, did look at the possibility but almost fainted at the price. Just think, it wouldn't matter if you couldn't get up out of the bath. All one would need to do is drain the water out, open the door, swing your legs out, sit up and wiggle your way out on your bottom if you had to. LOL.

Where did I put that Lottery ticket?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:50 PM

My shower is over the bath, and i do now have difficulty getting in because of my arthritis. I have not had an actual bath for almost three years, since I slipped and banged my head. Living alone I cant take risks like that, but I do use the shower all of the time despite the mobility problems. I would love a walk-in shower, but as this is rented property I cant see my landlord forking out for that, so I will continue as I am.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 05:04 PM

To answer your question I wouldn't risk it personally. I had to go and help a neighbour who couldn't get out of the bath a few years ago it was dreadful for the poor man and I wasn't too impressed either.

You can get bath lifts that get you out I am sure, they offered my dad one when he was ill but he preferred to go to the hospice and use their walk in one instead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top