Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Cloudy2Clear

Has anyone used a firm called Cloudy"Clear or one like them to get the double-glazed units replaced when the seals are "blown"?

We've got 6 windows in total that are blown; some are two-part windows so count as 2 each.

They look steamed-up, but a few years ago all we got from the major installers was "you'll have to change the whole thing" and that was on the 'phone.

If the window gets smashed it can be replaced, even if it's double-glazed as far as I know, or who in their right mind would have double-glazing at all if one accident were to cost you a whole, replacement window frame AND the glass!

I know of people in the next street to us that have had Cloudy"Clear in but I don't know them and it seems a bit of a cheek knocking and asking!

We're going to try to get them to give us a free quote, which their site says they'll do but first-hand info would be handy. stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 04:46 PM

Re: Cloudy2Clear

I haven't heard of them .... sorry Steve
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 04:52 PM

Just looked them up Steve - their site is very professional.
Let them come and give you a quote, trust your intuition on that meeting....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Has anyone used a firm called Cloudy"Clear or one like them to get the double-glazed units replaced when the seals are "blown"?

We've got 6 windows in total that are blown; some are two-part windows so count as 2 each.

They look steamed-up, but a few years ago all we got from the major installers was "you'll have to change the whole thing" and that was on the 'phone.

If the window gets smashed it can be replaced, even if it's double-glazed as far as I know, or who in their right mind would have double-glazing at all if one accident were to cost you a whole, replacement window frame AND the glass!

I know of people in the next street to us that have had Cloudy"Clear in but I don't know them and it seems a bit of a cheek knocking and asking!
We're going to try to get them to give us a free quote, which their site says they'll do but first-hand info would be handy. stevmk2
I think I might be a bit cheeky and give the other house a knock Steve. I might be very wrong, but I thought Cloudy to Clear was just replacement window panels?
Look it up on the internet, I would. Let us know, out of interest if you can please.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:55 PM

I would get a few quotes from different firms, any local window manufacturer can supply new units, just give them your measurements. I find the bigger firms who can afford to advertise on television are often the dearest.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think I might be a bit cheeky and give the other house a knock Steve. I might be very wrong, but I thought Cloudy to Clear was just replacement window panels?
Look it up on the internet, I would. Let us know, out of interest if you can please.
Its OK Mups, Steve just wants the window panels, not the whole thing .....
I would go to the neighbour too Steve .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I would get a few quotes from different firms, any local window manufacturer can supply new units, just give them your measurements. I find the bigger firms who can afford to advertise on television are often the dearest.
You're probably right Jimmy, we've got to pay for all the TV ads!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 07:42 PM

I don't know about that particular firm but I have had windows replaced in old frames when they had water vapour in them. It's certainly not necessary to have the whole lot replaced.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 09:43 PM

have you tried googling them with the word reviews
?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
have you tried googling them with the word reviews?
For some reason i haven't - not like me at all!

I'll have a go in a minute!! Thanks everyone and Yes, it's the glass replacements that I want.

A while back we had a rep knock on the door, despite our street being "No Cold Calling", pointing out our window problems - as if I'd not noticed but this twit insisted it wasn't possible to replace the glass units only!
Luckily I know different so I wonder just how many they con by coming out with this rubbish?

I think it was Everest but it's so long ago I can't remember now. stevmk2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top