Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Re: Squeaky Wooden Slats on Kingsize Bed

Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 07:16 AM

On a more serious note ( although it does say The Online Forum for the young at heart) I don't know what would solve the problem if you've tried most things. Maybe it's time for a divan.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
On a more serious note ( although it does say The Online Forum for the young at heart) I don't know what would solve the problem if you've tried most things. Maybe it's time for a divan.
Steve might find it is divine in a divan.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 01:17 PM

On a more serious note. Have you checked the frame to make sure it's square and not shifting slightly?. The reason I ask is that just before Christmas I bought a new slatted bed frame and a new mattress. Every time I turned over in bed even though the slats were firmly screwed to the frame the bed creaked. Thinking that some of the slats hadn't been screwed down tight enough I took the mattress off and found the problem was due to the screws in the frame not being tight enough which caused the frame to distort. Since tightening them up I've had no more problems.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 01:34 PM

Good reply and makes sense - check that out Steve, think you have found the answer ......
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Sounds like a good move to me
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Good reply and makes sense - check that out Steve, think you have found the answer ......
Thank you Zsa Zsa and Patsy but this was mentioned online on an IKEA Forum - so I checked all the main screws / bolts first.

The slats do not touch each other by the way - dunno what kind of beds some of you have?

The slats fit into plastics clips which in turn "pop-fit" into the frame so there's no screws involved to work loose.

I thought I might get a few more sensible, helpful answers to be honest.

stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 02:01 PM

Plastic ! There's yer problem I would say - I haven't got a slatted bed, so have not experienced this problem ...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Plastic ! There's yer problem I would say - I haven't got a slatted bed, so have not experienced this problem ...
Yes Patsy, it is probably the plastic clips making the noises but I can't tell for sure and I can't find a good solution because padding the things with tissue does work but getting the things to click into place is then awkward!

When I get the chance I'm going to try the local ironmonger for felt washers because they just might work! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2015, 02:11 PM

Hope so ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top