Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 04:25 PM

next to do job

Next thing is to improve this behind greenhouse. it is looking like a dumping ground at the moment

Been looking at 38mm thick paving slabs something like 400x400mm in a red type colour
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 04:33 PM

Re: next to do job

What about lifting up the bricks that lay underneath those large stones, and then lay paving slabs and then put the bricks on top to give it the same look as the side of the Greenhouse
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 04:33 PM

Nice Butt RS.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nice Butt RS.
Ha ha Spitty!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
What about lifting up the bricks that lay underneath those large stones, and then lay paving slabs and then put the bricks on top to give it the same look as the side of the Greenhouse
Bay be an idea, not checked it out yet.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 07:30 PM

Do you ever stop RS? As usual you will have it looking spick and span
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-03-2015, 08:44 PM

Myra
yes I do stop, it is called sleeping
The thing is I and Sue want to get everything straight neat and tidy garden wise.

So the next BIG project is to make a circular stream in the garden with a water pump pushing the water around. Get a small bridge over it and put in a couple of fresh water sharks in it. The problem is going to be the under water coloured lighting with auto colour change
Actually that is not the real problem it is running the power cable off the nearest street light.

Do you have any idea where I can get food for the fresh water sharks? they only eat caviar so may have to get something else instead fish wise, caviar is sooo expensive
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-03-2015, 06:39 PM

Been down to Homebase for some slabs. Got them home and bee cutting them to fit behind greenhouse

Now got to bed them in properly
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

25-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Watch your fingers with the Angle Grinder.. My hubby nearly cut his finger of last year with one and needed a lot of stitches and he can hardly bend it now..

I see that your levelling the whole area.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Oh yes very very careful, even to the extent to tell Sue not to come anywhere near to distract me.

My angle grinder is a professional one which takes 9 inch discs and weighs a ton. Did the cutting on the grass on bricks, ever seen red grass??

Just cut the bottom of the far corner post which was part of his contraption and nothing to do with the fence. So Tomorrow it is back to Homebase for one more slab then cut a triangle to fit. Then it will be bedding in time having got sharp sand this afternoon and readymix cement for the joints.

It is one of those jobs I just can't wait to get finished, very frustrating

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top