Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 08:36 PM

Re: Before and after.

Not actually in my house, but in the 'back yard'. This was originally a fuel or animal feed store, built in the late 1800's and patched up in the early 1900's.

I stripped out most of the old wooden framework and rebuilt internal walls with concrete block. The floor was cast in concrete, electricity and water installed and the front built from sandstone and wood. The door and windows are double glazed.

after..... left hand is the utility room, centre is coal store and right is my workshop.

The utility bit is not quite finished, but it now houses two chest freezers, a fridge and a tumble drier. There's a clothes pulley too.

Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 08:43 PM

I don't have a before picture, but here is the cupboard under the stairs.
I insulated the walls and fitted shelving. It's mainly for pickles & preserves - and of course, wine.

maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Both are brilliant Grumblewagon. Plenty of storage space.
You certainly know how to do DIY.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:15 PM

Just be careful if the local council check and say no application for change of use. or do a rate increase
Here one person has even put in planning application to put up a greenhouse. It is a sea front property.
yes i know I know, but having to be so careful with the business we had we had to watch our backs on everything to do with the kennels and cattery.

Even to alter an run down rickety cattery and extend the good half to match we had to seek permission
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:23 PM

It seems so wrong when it's your own property doesn't it?
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Before

After

Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 12:51 AM

Great photo VM. Is it an old mill that's been converted into apartments?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire

28-03-2015, 08:51 AM

All this work falls within permitted development and essential maintenance as the buildings are non-habitable, not listed and not within a conservation area.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Great photo VM. Is it an old mill that's been converted into apartments?
Yes it is
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 11:43 AM

Love the new kitchen which looks so much brighter and bigger.
The other makeovers are brilliant too. Much hard work but so worth it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top