Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 02:30 PM

electric drill

Power drills

My Bosh 850 impact power drill chuck has more or less had it. Can't find another chuck for it due to how old it is but looks as if similar is in the region of £70. been looking at new same but updated for about £130. The actual drill is ok but why spend that amount of money on a chuck when for a few pounds more i can get a new one with same power
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 03:28 PM

Re: electric drill

That's the trouble with Bosch - spares are almost as expensive as the new tool. I bought an SDS drill and a power drill from Lidl. Had them both for a few years without any trouble. Together they cost about £55.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 04:57 PM

I am still using a 45+year old Black and Decker drill.
It is large and a bit rusty but it does the job
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 05:07 PM

I`m sure I have a drill somewhere but I downsized. If a screwdriver does not do the job then get someone round.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Power drills

My Bosh 850 impact power drill chuck has more or less had it. Can't find another chuck for it due to how old it is but looks as if similar is in the region of £70. been looking at new same but updated for about £130. The actual drill is ok but why spend that amount of money on a chuck when for a few pounds more i can get a new one with same power
Does the chuck screw off Realspeed? if so, checkout the thread, might be used as standard on other chucks; Black and Decker for example.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2015, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Power drills

My hubby said why don't you go to a Car Boot sale, you can normally pick them up for next to nothing..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2015, 12:43 PM

trouble is my bosh is old but still good. Contacted bosh who could only suggest a keyed chuck version so ordered a different make to see if that works.

The problem is first it has to be an impact chuck, then a 1/2 inch thread and a 1.5-13mm chuck grip size and bosh don't seem to make them. So I was wondering if another make was put on instead

on the bottom says no 5 123 made in Germany but nothing saying it was a bosh chuck
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
My hubby said why don't you go to a Car Boot sale, you can normally pick them up for next to nothing..
Was just going to suggest that we found a part for Steven's drill for 55p we had been quoted £90 odd pounds by the manufacturers.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top