Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:42 AM

Re: Screws

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I must have 5000 screws in various biscuit tins in the garage yet if I am doing a little job and lose a screw I can never find one of the required size

I spend hours rooting through the tins looking for the right size screw turning a short task into a long one..ahhhhhh....
What may help is to do a dual search. While looking for an exact replacement you may well come across suitable alternatives so pick those as you go along. A little additional work to replace them all certainly, but, that elusive screw is no longer a problem
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:04 AM

I think as you get older it's one of those things it's hard to find!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I always say a good screw costs a bit more but it leaves one satisfied with the job.
well somebody had to say it

I not only have lots of screws and nails in bags and containers, I now have a load of my Dad's ... sheesh

I find a better way to cope is to leave it all to someone else and be prepared to fetch and carry and be ordered about.

Works for me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I think as you get older it's one of those things it's hard to find!
You can have some of mine Twiz I have more than enough for two
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by gardener ->
What may help is to do a dual search. While looking for an exact replacement you may well come across suitable alternatives so pick those as you go along. A little additional work to replace them all certainly, but, that elusive screw is no longer a problem
Thank you for the suggestion Richard I can only cope with finding one screw at a time or I would be faffing around with screws all day never getting the original job done.

In the end I scrapped the door lock and bought another which took another day to fit
Nothing new is ever quite the same size as the one being replaced is it, one of the banes of my life along with screws ...
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I must have 5000 screws in various biscuit tins in the garage yet if I am doing a little job and lose a screw I can never find one of the required size

I spend hours rooting through the tins looking for the right size screw turning a short task into a long one..ahhhhhh....
Screws and rooting somehow rings a bell.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Screws and rooting somehow rings a bell.
Does it Ploppy was that in the dim and distant past then, have you given up DIY
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:20 AM

Nooooooo, nothing wrong with DIY. Most blokes call it 'A real one'.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-05-2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Nooooooo, nothing wrong with DIY. Most blokes call it 'A real one'.
do they not heard that before Ploppy
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

14-05-2015, 10:34 AM

Now you have. Feel free to pass it on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top