Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 08:51 AM

Summerhouse

Does anyone have a summerhouse in their garden? What do you use it for?

(we moved here not so long ago, and there is one at the bottom of the garden, along with a greenhouse and a shed)

Looking for ideas as I don't want it to become a dumping ground for garden furniture and grandson's toys!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 09:07 AM

Re: Summerhouse

Yes I have one which I've recently painted Lavender on outside with white trim,and white inside..I've also added a small sofa,rug,table,small bookcase,lamp,radio,plants,voil curtains on windows and doors,and small oil filled radiator...I love it,it's My wee retreat for reading and using My laptop to post on here.;~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Sounds heavenly May ..............
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 11:21 AM

Big money flogging Summerhouses. Wanna buy one ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 01:20 PM

I bought a great little summer hut (It's too small to call a house) 7'x7' and I absolutely love it, it's glass at the front and the rest of it is wood, just like May I have plenty of stuff in it for entertainment including a small 20" TV and a Mac Mini computer, I'm typing this from the hut at the moment, in fact all I'm short of is a bed. It's ideal for getting some time to yourself and fresh air, although the wife joins me when she's not tending her garden, it would be a sin to just fill it up with stuff you don't use anymore, get out and use it Deb.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Yes we have a Summerhouse only a small one, but we have our Garden table and chairs in there, we have my Husband's Car Medals on the inside walls and also Oil Paintings, we love sitting in there in the summer with a nice cup of tea.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 02:57 PM

I remember with great affection the summer houses my granddad made we lived in 3 different houses when I was growing up and in each garden one of the first things he did was build a summer house. Might just be made of reclaimed wood and glass or bricks even but the fun we had in them was wonderful. Rainy days sat in there doing jigsaw puzzles or cross words or knitting and sewing with Nan, sunny days hiding from the hot sun chatting and drinking ice cold lemonade while we read fantastic.
During the winter he would heat them for us with paraffin stoves so the condensation was like waterfalls running down the windows and in the summer he rigged up a fan system that just needed one of us to keep a foot pump moving to waft cool air in.

Yes would happily have one again if we had a garden.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes I have one which I've recently painted Lavender on outside with white trim,and white inside..I've also added a small sofa,rug,table,small bookcase,lamp,radio,plants,voil curtains on windows and doors,and small oil filled radiator...I love it,it's My wee retreat for reading and using My laptop to post on here.;~)
Can we all come round for afternoon tea?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 06:33 PM

You're all most welcome for Afternoon tea Sue,or even a wee Gaelic coffee ;~)
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

29-05-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Sounds heavenly May ..............
'tis Patsy,I've been out there most of the afternoon reading,I even fell asleep listening to the rain pitter pattering on the roof :~)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top