Join for free
backseat dad
thame oxon
backseat dad is male  backseat dad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:21 PM

Paving Rant

it is strange isn't it, that four slabs were loose one side of the house and not the other

just so happens to be that stretch where next door replaced their fence, i assume the

contractor banged down a load of sacks of sand or used a mini digger.

i put those slabs in 10 yrs ago and with a fair bit of concrete/aggregate underneath too

on both sides - a load of work that i wasn't anticipating redoing a job previously done

It might have been an auger used for the fence posts, i don't know as i was at work at the time

anyway a right pain.

when we had double glazing i found several tiles broken on the lower roof in the vicinity

of the windows put in and when we had a fence contractor ourselves i found a drain grid

broken where he placed a cement mixer i imagine, of course they never say anything,

really very annoying.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:25 PM

Re: Paving Rant

It's a pain, int it? I always say you get one job done and another needs doing after the workmen have gone!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:39 PM

Don't get me started on the 'do one job create another' brigade ....
The widow cleaner broke the guttering, the roofer broke the paving slabs to name but two

cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 08:48 PM

Oh Meg, that made me laugh out loud!! Back to square one it is, then..

Not funny though when it actually happens.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top