Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Welcome to Over50sForum.com !!!

Hi all, welcome!

Bet this is a surprise for most of you! This site, as the title says, is intended to be the place for all those over the age of 50

Why?

Well, some of my favourite people fall into this age bracket, and so I wanted to create a site that not only acts as a social platform for people in your age group, but also one that encourages you to get to grips with the internet and technology in general. No question will be too silly - so don't ever be afraid to ask!

Purpose

To allow people in this age range to chat about pretty much anything, and get help and support from others on all manner of topics. It's meant to be a fun and friendly site where people can pick up a thing or two along the way. It will mainly focus around the forums, although we will probably post up some guides on topics that pop up frequently or ones that we think will be of particular benefit.

I know most of you will already be au fait with the internet and PCs, but we want to make this site receptive to those who are quite new to computers, so that they can come and learn about things, and of course make a few friends along the way!

Unlike most other forums that like to focus around 'discussion', we want to encourage people to chat (so long as it's relative to the thread topic) as we appreciate that for many people in this age range, this may be their main (or only) place to interact with other people... a bit like a pub or other social gathering place... but on the web

Also worth mentioning is, that while we're targeting the site to over 50s, registration from under 50s will be allowed too - because there may be people (like me) who are under 50 but want to help those over however, we'll draw the line at teen talk and things like that lol!

Things to do

As it says above, we are currently in 'beta' stage - that basically means this is not what the final site will look like, although I think the logo will stay as it's nice and fresh(!). The rest of the site, in terms of colours and design, will change for the better, and sections may also be altered as we listen to your feedback.

We'll also want to create mini-guides to help complete newbies, so if you would like to get involved in this, please do say! Let us know what kind of topic you will be willing to write about, and we'll take it from there.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to post them in the Forum Support section - we're eager to hear them!

Enjoy!

Well that's about it for now! Please do tell all your (over 50s) friends about the site - the doors are open, and it's free to get in!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 12:42 AM

Re: Welcome to Over50sForum.com !!!

This is brilliant Az, just what was needed....
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:01 AM

What a sweetie you are Azz thinking of us more mature people
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 08:14 AM

hi Azz
this should be interesting!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 10:01 AM

At last! A forum with no 'teenage temper tantrums'
I bet this is going to be most well behaved forum ever!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
At last! A forum with no 'teenage temper tantrums'
I bet this is going to be most well behaved forum ever!
Of course it is!!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Well, I'm beginning to feel at home!
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Thanks for making this fab forum Azz Well Done x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Well, I'm beginning to feel at home!
And so am I! What a good idea this was. Azz!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 09:50 PM

Brilliant! What took you so long Azz?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top