Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:24 PM

Your first car

Is this the right place for this thread? I haven't missed a specific place for cars, have I? I didn't think it sat too well in Travel and Holidays, and though I know driving is not often a leisurely pursuit ... well - here it is anyway

Can you remember your first car? Was it an old banger or a sleek newer model? What colour was it? Did it ever let you down in a difficult situation? Tell all!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Re: Your first car

The first car I can remember was my parents Austin Cambridge, it had running boards that we all used to sit on..The first car I ever drove was a Triumph 2000, loved it....although was not very good mechaincally, then as a family we got a Fiat Strada, which sounded like a bag of nails!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 03:37 PM

My first car, of my very own, was an Austin A35 - one of those green curvy jobs No heater but it did have the refinement of indicators which were blinking lights (operated by a huuuuge switch, mid dashboard) rather than the little pointy arms which emerged from the side of the car between the front doors and rest of the bodywork
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 03:59 PM

My dad gave me my first car, a 1955 Buick Special. It was a tank of a car, with huge chrome bumpers and the famous two toned paint job. It had a huge V8 engine and all the luxuries of one of the best cars made.

This was not a new car. In fact my dad was involved in an accident so severe the insureance company wrote off the car as beyond repair. Still, it ran & took me to school for quite some time. Gas was cheap at that time, about $.15 a gallon so the V8 engine wasn't a problem. I'll always remember that car as you only have one "first car".
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 04:29 PM

My first car was a royal blue Mini - called "Merry". I had to have a loan to buy her - £250 and my parents had to act as guarantors. 1971 or 72 ish I think.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 04:57 PM

My very own first car was a skate board..........they called it a Metro!!I could walk fast that that thing could move...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 06:58 PM

My first car was a C reg Metro. I loved it even though most people saw it as a banger!
MrsH
Hampshire, UK
MrsH is female  MrsH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 09:26 PM

I didn't need a car of my own until I went back to full-time work in the 1980s. It was a red Mini, no air-con, no sun-roof, pathetic heater, and a very puny horn!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

10-08-2009, 09:30 PM

My own personal first car was a Peugeot 305. I drove it for years until it almost fell apart. The driver's door would shut unless you lifted it up.

Eventually, it "died" in a nasty accident (I was unhurt) and it was towed back to my house.

When the insurance bods came to take it away, I watched out of the bedroom window and cried like a baby....... what a plank!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 09:36 PM

My first car was a Ford Fiesta-Navy Blue.Bought it from a colleague where I worked.6 months later took it for its first MOT-garage rang me to go and see them. They had it up on the ramp-all underneath was held together by chicken wire Was told to be very careful driving it back home cos if someone hit me the car would disintergrate. Made my brother drive it to auction-sold for £50-then got a phone call from London telling me the car was the subject of a total write-off. Could either have the car back or accept £25. Now I really had to think about that......and I really loved that car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top