Join for free
Page 35 of 72 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 12:02 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

You could save yourself a lot of time and energy and look at it on Google Earth!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You could save yourself a lot of time and energy and look at it on Google Earth!
Of course you could JBR, but that would either (a) lose the conversation aspect we enjoy on here or (b) render you a 19-y-o teenager who lives via cybespace alone.
Your choice though!😜
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Bumping this thread to make sure we are all still living in Yorkshire?!
Is all well wherever you are today in God's Country?

I've been out for a drive with Mrs. Floyd to Withernsea of all places, just to make sure it's still as atmosphere-free and eternally stuck in the 1960s as it was when I last went about 15 years ago.
Sadly, it is. No wonder everybody there seems to own a dog. They need something to stop them climbing the walls I guess!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bumping this thread to make sure we are all still living in Yorkshire?!
Is all well wherever you are today in God's Country?

I've been out for a drive with Mrs. Floyd to Withernsea of all places, just to make sure it's still as atmosphere-free and eternally stuck in the 1960s as it was when I last went about 15 years ago.
Sadly, it is. No wonder everybody there seems to own a dog. They need something to stop them climbing the walls I guess!
I don't know Withernsea, but when we were kids we were taken to Skipsea for our summer holiday (we were poor, you see).

Nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. There was the sea, of course, a small 'tat shop' where we could spend our meagre spending money, there seemed to be some sort of caravan park in the distance, and our wooden shack that we had hired.

And, no, I'm not exaggerating.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2017, 04:29 PM

I don't know Withernsea, but when we were kids we were taken to Skipsea for our summer holiday (we were poor, you see).

Nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. There was the sea, of course, a small 'tat shop' where we could spend our meagre spending money, there seemed to be some sort of caravan park in the distance, and our wooden shack that we had hired.

And, no, I'm not exaggerating.
Skipsea and even places like Aldborough or Mablethorpe are infinitely more interesting than Withernsea, JBR. At least you can make your own fun and enjoyment. Withernsea is full of inbred mutations.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Well there's always good old Brid of course!

It's years since I went to Withernsea, I seem to think they used to have a Sunday market years before many other towns.

It was on a caravan holiday at Ulrome when the children were small, that we made the big decision to sell up and move from the West Riding to the East Coast. No regrets, love living here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Well there's always good old Brid of course!

It's years since I went to Withernsea, I seem to think they used to have a Sunday market years before many other towns.

It was on a caravan holiday at Ulrome when the children were small, that we made the big decision to sell up and move from the West Riding to the East Coast. No regrets, love living here.
Yes, the market is still there, Val, as are the bargain shops still selling Pillsbury Dough and Easter eggs from 1968 selling at 2d each😀

Must agree with you about Brid, I've always had a soft spot for it since I was a boy going to our caravan every week. Went last week actually for a day out
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Don't like brid it used to be nice before they put the funfares on the front went a bit tacky after that, unless you go to the south beach, that's ok
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Skipsea and even places like Aldborough or Mablethorpe are infinitely more interesting than Withernsea, JBR. At least you can make your own fun and enjoyment. Withernsea is full of inbred mutations.
Is Withernsea a loony bin, then?

(Oops! I think I've said something 'offensive'.)
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2017, 06:06 PM

Is Withernsea a loony bin, then?

(Oops! I think I've said something 'offensive'.)
Not far off actually, JBR. And their obligatory Jack Russels have three eyes too. What a horrible town.

Page 35 of 72 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top