Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Re: Hurricane Coming to My House: You Are All Invited

Yeah - right!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Bring a snack...and a flashlight!
Darn it, the flashlight's bust and I'll have eaten the snack before I get to yours Surfermom

So, put all thoughts of the hurricane aside for the moment gal ... if you could rustle up some bacon butties on the barbie or something for us all, that'd be ace!

No, seriously... good luck over there. Keep safe and let us know how you're doing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 10:28 PM

Stay safe and keep in touch with us....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 10:53 PM

Same as the others Supermom, try and let us know you are safe.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 12:15 AM

It won't be there long....if the reason for giving them female names is true.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Hi

Hurricanes are just like women.

Warm, wet and all over you when they arrive.

They take your house and your car when they leave.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Surfermom, I hope that you, your family,your neighbours and all your lovely pets stay safe.
Please let us know when the hurricane has passed.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hurricanes are just like women.

Warm, wet and all over you when they arrive.

They take your house and your car when they leave.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Surfermom, I hope that you, your family,your neighbours and all your lovely pets stay safe.
Please let us know when the hurricane has passed.

She may well be unable to for a couple of days if the electricity is taken out.

Good job she's not black....it'd be 3 years+ if she were(I'm assuming she isn't)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 11:22 AM

[/B]

She may well be unable to for a couple of days if the electricity is taken out.

Good job she's not black....it'd be 3 years+ if she were(I'm assuming she isn't)
Hey, this is Surfermom......and she can do anything! But I am wishing her Good Luck!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 03:11 PM

So it seems this storm is named "Nate". I hope he isn't the irritable and doesn't thow a hard punch.

While I have been wandering around the property this morning looking something akin to "The Return or the Mummy," still wrapped up hip to toe in compression bandages and stockings (now there's a sexy look), I have made good progress in stowing a few important items and clearing the balcony and porches.

The next thing is to get gasoline for the generator, give it a test run, and then waddle to the market for water. I won't be buying food because it's fairly traditional to eat one's way through the fridge and freezer as those contents are typically the first to go with the power outage (though the generator will mitigate that problem). We wil lose power if this is a Cat 1-2, but it will probably be repaired in 2-3 days.

If the storm becomes a Category 3, then I will evacuate with my daughter and dogs, but otherwise, I'll move to the inland house and prepare for a Saturday arrival.

I am among those who find this situation (post surgery + hurricane + recovering daughter) a lot more interesting and challenging (nothing like a good set of problems to solve) than a crisis... that is saved for the people in Caribbean weeks later. Glass half full and all that.....

Thank you all so much!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top