Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Inheritance Tracks

A program on radio 4 Inheritance Tracks, asks a celebrity to name two pieces of music that has been part of their life,

The first they inherit from their parents.

The second is one they wish to pass on to their children.

So here is my two.

I heard this so many times on my mothers old Dansette record player it became embedded in my consciousness. It is the first of piece of music i can remember.

My second choice is much harder as i love music from all genres but this track changed my views so much and began a lifelong desire to explore music in all its forms

So kids

Hope to see others tracks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:18 PM

Re: Inheritance Tracks

Gosh, I remember that first one too, Nom.
That took me back. Thank you.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 05:34 PM

One of my mum's favourites `back in the day`

This is one of mine..... (a pity the kids won't appreciate it )
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 05:38 PM

I think Comfortably Numb is one off my fave Floyd tracks, ta for joining in.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Tennessee Ernie Ford’s “16 Tons” used to be my earworm at one time . I was always singing it
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:57 PM

My mother had me when she was quite young but her musical taste was frozen in the 40s for various reasons not relevant here. Consequently, her musical appreciation did not really extend much into the 60s or beyond. So, this is the type of thing I received from her, not with a lot of gratitude...

My son and I have a lot of similar musical tastes, similarly, but to a lesser degree, my daughter also. One area where we do not agree is my love of folk music and psych folk music. So, in the vain hope they might get to appreciate it, I bequeath them this...

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Don't think they'll thank you for the ISB
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:44 PM

I think any inheritance tracks should include one inherited from our parents and this one makes me think of my Dad who as a widower with 4 children sang as he went about doing the household chores often late at night because he worked in the day...

The music of Joan Baez with her crystal clear voice provided a backdrop to my teenage years . I love all her songs but this one has a special meaning and I would like the words to resonate with those to whom it passes just as they did with me..

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:52 PM

Hi Nom.
I can't post vids just now as I'm out and only have my phone, but I know my dad enjoyed Glenn Miller and my mother, Ella Fitzgerald. Not my thing really but I guess those songs would be their legacies.

Comfortably Numb is obviously fantastic, but I'm confused about the 'Dark Side...' video when it's from The wall album....

Good thread though ☺
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

02-01-2018, 09:26 AM

Thanks all for joining i interesting choices already.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top