Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 02:10 AM

Leak under kitchen sink

This small outlet is dripping.
Hot water feed to w/m not needed. My neighbour this evening, funnily enough, talked of a leak and said her pipe was or could be capped. Leak discovered at 11.30pm. Not happy.

Any ideas please? Thanks. Turned off both stopcock for now, and left the bucket for overnight.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6CA50743-0814-4607-8ED0-1EE4A890F624.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	4995  
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 02:21 AM

Re: Leak under kitchen sink

Unlikely to get worse, have you had any work done on the plumbing lately?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 03:47 AM

I think President Trump is having the same problem.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 08:42 AM

Not helping, not helping...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Think I’ve done it, with the help of joined up thinking, a torch and an adjustable spanner. Tightened up the square nut at the end.

Let’s keep fingers crossed, eh?
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
This small outlet is dripping.
Hot water feed to w/m not needed. My neighbour this evening, funnily enough, talked of a leak and said her pipe was or could be capped. Leak discovered at 11.30pm. Not happy.

Any ideas please? Thanks. Turned off both stopcock for now, and left the bucket for overnight.
If its that brass pipe on the right , is it comming from out of the pipe or from round the sides ? if sides suggest water turned off, then undo it clean it all , check washer, replace washer or coat the thread etc in vaseline, tighten it up again with a wrench or similar If from the pipe the brass oulet needs to be replaced with a cap, but dont think that advisable as that is adrain point and should not be covered up.Where you have the white tap, that could be the problem as it is not shutting the water of , so another job , turn water off , take tap off, undo connection, replace washer.
Unless you area D I Yer suggest you get a plumber
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

28-01-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
If its that brass pipe on the right , is it comming from out of the pipe or from round the sides ? if sides suggest water turned off, then undo it clean it all , check washer, replace washer or coat the thread etc in vaseline, tighten it up again with a wrench or similar If from the pipe the brass oulet needs to be replaced with a cap, but dont think that advisable as that is adrain point and should not be covered up.Where you have the white tap, that could be the problem as it is not shutting the water of , so another job , turn water off , take tap off, undo connection, replace washer.
Unless you area D I Yer suggest you get a plumber
As you can see from my post afterwards, I just needed to tighten that drain nut, and it’s done the trick.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
As you can see from my post afterwards, I just needed to tighten that drain nut, and it’s done the trick.
Well done Jazzi.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

28-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well done Jazzi.
I thank you!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 04:33 PM

Glad you fixed it Jazzi, all back to normal again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top