Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 06:42 PM

Re: Galileo satellite system installation moving from UK to Spain thanks to Brexit, EU an

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oh dear things are really getting bad when you can't mention anything about people in another country and how they spend some of their time.

I suppose saying Eskimos spend some time fishing is wrong as well
Do they still do that? I just thought they went shopping at Iceland?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 07:01 PM

Re: Galileo satellite system installation moving from UK to Spain thanks to Brexit, EU an

Oh dear things are really getting bad when you can't mention anything about people in another country and how they spend some of their time.

I suppose saying Eskimos spend some time fishing is wrong as well
Perhaps you should stop living in the past. The greater majority of Spanish workers, especially manual workers, start work at 8 a.m., some even earlier, they stop work around 2 p.m. until 4 p.m., then they return to work until 9 or 10 p.m. at night, whilst ever there is light.

This is a very different Spain to 30 or 40 years past. There appear to be more than a few people who are still living in the past, it´s gone, different world, different people and you either move with it or get left behind.

edited to add....you didn´t mention "some" people, you simply alluded to all Spanish people.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:02 PM

The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família is the largest unfinished Roman Catholic church in the world and is located in Barcelona, designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí.
Address: Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
Opened: 1882
Construction started: March 19, 1882
Height: 566′
Province: Province of Barcelona

No comment
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 03:26 AM

The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família is the largest unfinished Roman Catholic church in the world and is located in Barcelona, designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí.
Address: Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
Opened: 1882
Construction started: March 19, 1882
Height: 566′
Province: Province of Barcelona

No comment

What a galah!

Bristol Cathedral begun in 1140 and completed in 1888

Canterbury Cathedral started 1070, completed 1505

Ely Cathedral built between 1090 and 1536

Those Spanish are rushing The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família in comparison.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 08:03 AM

Hi

This thread has somehow gone from a satellite system to lazy spanish to how long it takes to build a cathedral.

If the UK was so good how come we are in this state?

A struggling NHS, crap infrastructure, lousy pensions and having to borrow £Billions every year to keep our heads above water.

Spain is actually more productive than the UK, not less.

The UK is less productive than the EU average.

If we are going to make the UK a better place, we would be better looking to ourselves instead of constantly blaming others.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What a galah!

Those Spanish are rushing The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família in comparison.
But they didn't have modern tools and equipment
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This thread has somehow gone from a satellite system to lazy spanish to how long it takes to build a cathedral.
An important deviation - both are concerned with reaching for the stars.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-01-2018, 10:50 AM

But they didn't have modern tools and equipment
Really? You think that is why it took something like 500 years to complete do you?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What a galah!

Thanks Bruce. I wasn't going to reply at all, I can't see anything to be gained from replying to remarks made by people who take any and every opportunity to put down other countries. My original question was to know if there would be big job losses, not to discuss the lazy Spanish or the arrogant British. Thanks anyway.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 11:49 AM

I don't know much about the Galileo project, but I've just had a look on the internet and it seems that the project is located everywhere but the UK anyway - HQ in Prague, 2 ground operations centres, Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich in Germany and Fucino in Italy, and 5 telemetry, tracking & control (TT&C) stations, located in Kiruna, Kourou, Nouméa, Sainte-Marie, Réunion & Redu. There are also several worldwide distributed mission data uplink stations (ULS) and everal worldwide distributed reference sensor stations (GSS).

The German Aerospace Center (DLR) contributes the largest portion of the Galileo funds, and is crucial in the development and application of the system with its facilities of the Earth Observation Center, and the Institute for Communication and Navigation in Neustrelitz.

UK involvement seems to be restricted to small satellite production by Surrey Satellite Technology, which, apparently, is owned by French-dominated Airbus.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top