Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Our new washer

We had our new Samsung washer delivered today, as our old (Siemens)one was past its best, after I installed it and set it up ( you have to calibrate it, easy peasy ), so we did a wash, and it plays a lovely tune to tell you when it’s finished, not sure if it will irritate after a bit, we’ll have to see, thing with these modern washers is the time for the cycles, 3 and a half hours, all to do with the eco settings, but after we loaded it and it weighs the load, the time was reduced to 1hr, 23 minutes,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:40 PM

Re: Our new washer

I didn't mind the longer wash time on the dishwashers at work when they got the new ones, they gave me an extra half an hour pay to stay and unload them. I get to read for half an hour that they pay me for

But congratulations on your new washer long may it serve you well.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I didn't mind the longer wash time on the dishwashers at work when they got the new ones, they gave me an extra half an hour pay to stay and unload them. I get to read for half an hour that they pay me for

But congratulations on your new washer long may it serve you well.
Thanks Julie,
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 07:56 PM

We have a Samsung washing machine and - so far -it has given us trouble free washing. It is also very quiet. We bought the inverter model which is supposed to last a long time. Only thing I have found is that it is a bit big and sticks out further than I had expected. We have had it about three years now and since we bought it they have come down in price quite a bit and there are more models to choose from.
Primus1
York

20-01-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
We have a Samsung washing machine and - so far -it has given us trouble free washing. It is also very quiet. We bought the inverter model which is supposed to last a long time. Only thing I have found is that it is a bit big and sticks out further than I had expected. We have had it about three years now and since we bought it they have come down in price quite a bit and there are more models to choose from.
Yes ours is an invertor model, and it actually rose in price by a hundred pounds since last Saturday
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes ours is an invertor model, and it actually rose in price by a hundred pounds since last Saturday
Had it been in the sale then Primus?
Primus1
York

21-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Had it been in the sale then Primus?
Yes it was on special offer at jl
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2018, 07:18 PM

I have a Samsung it plays Handels Trout Quintet when the cycle is finished .
Primus1
York

21-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have a Samsung it plays Handels Trout Quintet when the cycle is finished .
Ah, is that what it is, ours must play the same,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top