Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:51 PM

Re: Panic attacks

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Had them since 1986, horrible things but they fade into the background compared with my present cancers.
I am sorry to hear that Ffosse. I am a cancer survivor. Just keep up positive thinking...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't get them now but I had a couple some years ago and they are certainly memorable. I still don't know why I got them, I mean I'm not the worrying type but it felt like I was going to die here and then.
Absolutely Longdogs, you hit the nail on the head. It just feels like you are about to die and you don't know what to do. Thanks for sharing Longdogs...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-02-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have had about four and it is frightening, my doctor told me the worst thing that could happen was that I would pass out for a few minutes but it has never come to that.
I haven't passedf out either Purwell, but I sure felt like I was going to. It is such a frightening thing to go through. A lot of time, I will wake up with one, and sometimes I think it must be that I hate to face the day, especially in the winter with all the ice around us. You should see the icycles, they are about 3 feet in length.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 08:13 PM

I had them when I was due to have a MRI scan,the minute the top shield was pulled over and I was closed in I panicked , the scan had to be cancelled,Im due for a CT scan on Friday and hoping I will be OK for this one, as Im not so closed in.I also got panicky during my Asthma attacks during the night making it worse,having to call an ambulance
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-02-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I had them when I was due to have a MRI scan,the minute the top shield was pulled over and I was closed in I panicked , the scan had to be cancelled,Im due for a CT scan on Friday and hoping I will be OK for this one, as Im not so closed in.I also got panicky during my Asthma attacks during the night making it worse,having to call an ambulance
I am so sorry to hear this Delon. Must be so hard for you to have the MRI or Cat Scan. I wonder if they could give you a tranquilizer to calm you before you go in to the tube.

My son gets Asthma attacks and they are frightening Delon. I know what you go through. So to have a panic attack and an Asthma attack is doubly hard for you.

Be thinking about you on Friday. if you are a Christian, I would like to have you in my prayers that day.....if not, that is ok....will send good "vibes" instead...
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:02 PM

i had them for a few years in my 50s....terrible, i couldnt queue anywhere, , or be around people, some days i couldnt even go outside the door....I could not of got through it without the help of my husband , or my doctor, who put me on beta blockers, to slow my heart rate down, and have been ok since !
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:19 PM

Blue, when you get one, find a paper bag and breathe in and out of it. Deep breaths in and out. It will slow your heart rate down a lot quicker as you won't be gulping oxygen, rather breathing in carbon dioxide

Always keep a paper bag in your purse when you go out as well
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:54 PM

It's physically impossible to pass out from a panic attack.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's physically impossible to pass out from a panic attack.
You know more than my doctor do you?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:10 PM

It would be very strange to pass out from a panic attack because there must be a lot of oxygen going to the brain. You might feel very light headed.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top