Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: I've lost SIX kilos since Feb 1st.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It might be wise to see your doctor and get yourself checked over, Robert.
Thanks, Mags, I'm due for 3 hospital visit this week 2 for Xrays & 1 for a look around my abdomen. Dunno which end, probably both together as the last time.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Well done You

I find the smaller portion sizes to be the one thing that keeps me from ballooning. Its so easy to fill a plate and scoff way too much and dinner plates are huge nowadays

I go by the rule, eat only when hungry and make the calorie count . I no longer reach for the biscuits or crisps, I have instead a few flat breads if Im craving those when I come in from work ( thats my danger time - between 4 and 6) and I up my fluids then

I don't weigh myself ever, but a pair of jeans that I had to lay down to do up at Christmas, I can now pull on without opening the zip or button and Mr Missy has had to put new holes in my belt
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
I didn't expect alarm bells to ring. I am hoping to lose another 4-kilo in March.

As I said I am quite well otherwise (Parkinsons disease, Diabetes, RLS Dystonia, Arthritis of hips & spine, I forget the rest)
My weight loss is due to

1 No snacking

2 smaller plates

3Minimum sugar & carbs

4 Lots of fluids

5 fibre (yeuk)

I do have one new issue, after my recent& painful bout of Shingles part of my abdomen appears to have gone numb, affecting peristalsis. GP s mystified.
Ahhh... dear Robert that explains a lot, a diet is what I need too but mine doesn't work as easily as yours

I'm pleased now there was a reason for your weight loss
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:06 PM

Well done - it's not easy to lose weight, particularly for the middle-aged and older.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 07:55 PM

I'm finding that cutting down on carbs is the key to shedding weight
Well that and the exercise!
I find I have energy levels in reserve now too
A win win situation

My Mum could eat like a horse and I'm not sure if it was due to the Parkinson's but she didn't put on any weight.
I on the other hand only need to sniff a jelly tot and that 2lbs right there!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:02 PM

I'm weaning myself off all the biscuits and sweets I ate in hospital. Strange how lax they were about sugar given how excellent the food was in general.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
I am changing my eating habits cos I find it difficult to lug the equivalent of a sack of potatoes around with me.

I am dieting if you can call it that.it's more of a lifestyle change leading to a more appropriate size and shape.
Sexy Beast then.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Robert congratulations of the highest order for your achievements through changing your lifestyle .
I do have a friend who’s lugging a sack of potatoes around with him but calling it Male middle aged spread .He used to be like you 12 st odd but darent get on the scales now .
Besides being unhealthy a gut looking like a man’s carrying an alien around isn’t attractive ?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top