Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:47 PM

Re: Post Shingles complications

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I had shingles once on my tummy. It was very painful.
I got the vaccine. It cost $240.00 but I feel it was worth it.
Hi ya Blue...I sure hope that you never get the shingles again...and that your vaccine works 100%...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:53 PM

Thank you Filly, I hope so too.
I would be very happy tho.....if you were not suffering so much right now. I am worried about you my sweet friend..

If you are not better for our little 'venture' in May, we shall cancel our reservations and make them for June instead. It won't be a problem.
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:56 PM

OMGosh Blue...I hope a cancellation is not in order and that they're long gone by then.

As for the pain...I find it's making me feel quite sick to my stomach...

Thank you, Blue...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Just remember, each day you get past, is one day closer to recovery. I think I said that already in an email, hahahaha.
Beautiful Filly

17-03-2018, 11:00 PM

Yes Blue...I believe that you did...but I'll take all the help I can get...
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Just remember, each day you get past, is one day closer to recovery. ...
Unless of course it goes on for ever.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:22 AM

An update on my original post.
Good progress for my condition, the rash is nearly gone, but the affected area is still partially numb and the swelling on my right sid e of my abdomen is still extended. The doctors think this is to do with my Parkinsons. No one is sure when it will go away.

thanks for all the responses & my best wishes for full recovery for all.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 12:44 PM

My sister has blurring in one of her eyes after having shingles three years ago. Apparently you can be vaccinated against the condition, which can recur. She is going to have the vaccination.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi warleyron...I know that all of the pain is caused by the nerve endings. My doctor told me that this disease stays dormant in your body...and under the right circumstances, it rears it's ugly head.

I don't think anyone on this thread has mentioned...that you can only get shingles if you've had the chicken pox...
You also can't catch shingles. Although it's contagious someone can catch chickenpox but only by touching the liquid coming out of the spots. Unlike chickenpox it's not airborn
Beautiful Filly

20-03-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
You also can't catch shingles. Although it's contagious someone can catch chickenpox but only by touching the liquid coming out of the spots. Unlike chickenpox it's not airborn
Precisely warleron...and this is the reason I did not go to the hospital to see my brand new great nephew in 1982...whilst I had shingles.

I copied this from the internet:

Is shingles contagious?
Shingles is contagious and can be spread from an affected person to babies, children, or adults who have not had chickenpox. But instead of developing shingles, these people develop chickenpox. Once they have had chickenpox, people cannot catch shingles (or contract the virus) from someone else.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top