Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 04:13 AM

The Prosecutors: Real Crime and Punishment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...t-1-the-charge

Just ..... fascinating .....

No over-the-top drama, no farcical plots, no "presenters" ..... just the way it is (the CPS) and the way it was (the crime, the defendants and the evidence) .....

No documentary could ever hope to cover court cases in their entirety, but this episode definitely got the "feel" right .....

I've been a Civil Servant (the Insolvency Service, the DWP) and a Local Government Officer, and I've served as a juror on three Crown Court cases so, obviously, I had some prior interest, but, nevertheless, I was drawn in emotionally.

In the first episode the prosecutors must decide how to charge a driver after a child is killed in a collision, with no evidence that he was drunk or speeding or on his phone. Nicky, the mother of the child killed, cannot understand why the driver is not admitting his guilt since his car was on her side of the road. Her reaction as the prosecution develops is unexpected and humbling.
Nicky, angry and articulate, wanted answers and so did I .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top