Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Copd

Does anyone here have COPD?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Copd

yes,i do
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
yes,i do
Thank you for responding.

I've never been completely clear of mucus on my chest since I had Pneumonia over Christmas but my doctor informs me my chest is not infected, the sputum is clear most of the time so I wasn't duly worried. However, I'm waking on a morning with a really heavy chest and the mucus feels deep inside my lungs and I can't cough it up a lot of the time. Tonight I went to Tesco and i had a very bad panic attack due to me struggling for breath, i didn't have an inhaler on me at the time, silly me!!! Anyway I got home and took my inhaler and while I still feel a bit unwell I am a lot better. I've been doing some deep breathing exercises to help me expel the crap from my chest. It's very scary 😢

Is this all part and parcel of COPD?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:38 PM

What happens with COPD is your lungs become sponges so any chest infection, cold etc lingers on the chest for ages as you just cant get the mucus shifted

I was diagnosed in 2004 and thankfully mine hasn't progressed too much in that time because I did manage to give up smoking. But yes, even the slightest cold lingers on the chest for weeks and I can even feel I'm being suffocated when in the midst of a coughing fit trying to shift it

However I would ask for medical advice next time you are in the GPs or make an appointment if you feel as bad in a day or two just to be sure this is what you are dealing with
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:46 PM

COPD is a blanket term for Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, & Emphysema here in Canada, my hubby has been diagnosed with Emphysema.

I slowly watch the progression of the disease and wish I could grab every young smoker that I see and give them a shake.

Lion Queen, it is scary to watch and to struggle with....listen to the doctors as there are ways to help with the disease. I wish you the best.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 12:00 AM

I am so sorry to read this.
It is a frightening thing to have.
But, we can all support you.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 09:09 AM

all part and parcel I'm afraid,,i to wake upand struggle to get mucus out of my airways,,i take a couple of puffers,and wait for them to work,or not,,once the mucus is coughed up,its ok for a few hours,theni have to take the puffers again,,
when in hospital,i was put on a nebulizer,that was good,twice a day,kept my chest reasonable
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

18-03-2018, 09:56 AM

I stopped smoking 11years ago but obviously the damage was done as I started with numerous chest infections about 4 years ago. How I wish I had never smoked. I.m going to see doctor in the morning. Thanks all for taking the time to reply everyone x
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Its not all down to smoking,I gave up 35+ years ago,its likely mine is related to the working environment.I am going for a full lung test early in April to see what damage as been done.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Caricature you are correct, it can be due to work environment. But hubby quit smoking about 30 years ago so was surprised when told he had emphysema but apparently no matter how long ago you quit, if you smoked for any length of time the lungs do not ever fully repair themselves.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top