Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:48 PM

OMG, Ive Never Been So Terrified!

One for the ladies - LOL, No, I wasn't mugged, taken ill to hospital or anything so dramatic.

So what was I so terrified of?

Trying out my new Braun Epilator with several heads for different hair removal. I have never been so damn scared as when I switched it on for the first time. It has two settings - slow and fast. and it was soooo loud. (I'm sure he who must obey must have been wondering what I had switched on in the bathroom! hee hee).
All I could think of was hey, just a minute, I'm on Warfarin, If I cut myself, I will bleed like a stuck pig. (sorry Morti). I gingerly tried it first on my arms (which have no hair at all) knowing that I was just putting off doing under my arms and the AHEM area, the very reason I bought it in the first place. It has 40 tweezers and minute little rollers to soothe as it pricks you to death for the first time.

Well, I finally plucked up courage and tried it under my arms whilst keeping my eyes closed....ouch, ouch, it blooming was a little painful. a weird sort of pain,similar to having a tattoo I should imagine, although they do say that after the first time it is not half as bad. It is a wet and dry epilator so will be trying it out on the AHEM area in the shower this evening. Gulp. that is an even scarier thought!!

Has anyone else got an epilator? I know it's meant to be much easier and simpler than having a salon wax treatment, plucking or shaving with a razor, Plus much cheaper. But it's still bloomin scary using it.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Re: OMG, Ive Never Been So Terrified!

Sorry but that sounds like an instrument of torture Disposable Bic razors for me.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Ive used one for years

The only place I don't use it is under arms, thats a no no as far as my pain threshold is concerned lol

Few tips, exfoliate , exfoliate , exfoliate before you use it. Did I mention exfoliate? I use a loofah and body scrub for about two days before Im going to use it. Don't exfoliate the day you use it or for 2 days after as your skin will be sore and will become red

Hold your skin as taught as possible. This really helps you not to nip yourself and it hurts less. If you haven't done the gardening in a while, trim down first. I do the lady garden with the help of a mirror and becoming a cortortionist. You really need to make sure your skin is pulled as tight as possible in that area, same as waxing

The most painful bits for me - aside from under arms ( and thats because I have limited movement so cant really keep the skin tight and epilate) is the shin bone. No fat to protect it so it stings like billy o
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Arrhhhhhh!
Bought one once and then chockened out and returned it unopened .
No way Jose.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:39 PM

I don't wish to boast but, since I had my Chemo in 2011, I don't have any hair under my arms now.

But I wouldn't recommend it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:49 PM

I need to have a lie down.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I need to have a lie down.
Me too
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't wish to boast but, since I had my Chemo in 2011, I don't have any hair under my arms now.

But I wouldn't recommend it
That's one creative way to solve hair issues, Twink .

Ever the good sport .

You are a brave, brave woman shropshire girl...and here I was thinking you were going to tell us about the perils and suffering of trying on swimwear.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 08:51 PM

Hi Shropshiregirl and all...

I had wanted to get a No No for years and finally at Christmastime I made certain that Santa would bring me one and of course he did.

I thought that I would begin with my arms. My No No has three settings so naturally I tried the strongest setting first. haha OMGosh, as it's a lazar, the smell of burning hair was the oddest thing. At the end of a session...there is a loofah, that is to be used and then a soothing lotion, both of which come with the unit, along with two different sized heads...for separate areas of your bod...

I cannot bring myself to try the bikini line yet...one day perhaps, but not today...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 09:31 PM

Funny story So do you like it?
Does anyone have one that removes hair permanently?
And Beautifil Filly ( hey girl - waves ) does that no-no really work?
After all, swimming season is soon approaching?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top