Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Re: Should be Ashamed

People will carp on about anything !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The point of negotiations are to shift the 'red lines' set by either side.
If that wasn't possible there is no point in starting the negotiations in the first place.......

We shouldn't be surprised at the EU's intransigence and arrogance. We saw them adopt the same tactics when pummeling the Greek nation to comply to their will.

We saw that in the way they are dictating to the Poles on how to run their Judiciary.

Article 50 was designed to deal with the exit of a country run by a far-right Euro-sceptic nation at a time when it looked as though a country like Austria was about to vote such a Govt and a dictatorial type leadership.

It was never designed for use by a country like the UK......and that's according to one of the authors of Article 50.

It's quite obvious we will be a art of open skies and many of the other agencies in some format......It will all come together over the next few months!
Hi

Article 50 was written by a British Civil Servant.

It allowed for prior discussion on the means of Exit.

There was no such prior discussion, we simply said we are leaving,No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

This allowed the EU to dictate to us.

What part of this do you not understand?

We have messed up big time.

We are now having to pay Juncker and Co tens of £ Billions because of our stupidity.

It annoys me, it really does.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:20 AM

The fish wasn't allowed to be used it's always thrown back, so I can't see this as awful as it was just done to illustrate what's happening everyday. Anyone knows anything about fisheries knows this happens, we only get to keep about 9 percent of our catches. Most of our fish is taken from our waters and sold back to us by other Eu countries. That's the shock horror not a protest about it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:26 AM

I feel for our Fishing industry, sold out by an uncaring government to help paper over their ongoing incompetence.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I feel for our Fishing industry, sold out by an uncaring government to help paper over their ongoing incompetence.
They can never paper over it Nom. There is too much of it - on a daily basis.
We are governed by overpaid, incompetent, spineless fools.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Good to see that lots of people have reported him for flytipping.

I'd be more impressed by his "principles" if he's bothered to turn up to meetings when he was on the European Parliament Fishing Committee instead of just trousering his MEP salary and pension for doing sweet F.A.

I don't know what he thought dumping the fish was symbolic of, but I think it's more symbolic of how jerks like him will pollute for profit once there are no EU regulations to stop them. The Thames is cleaner and less polluted today thanks to EU regulations.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top