Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:15 AM

Should we boycott the World Cup ?

I think we should .
In fact they should have never awarded it to Russia in the first place!
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:18 AM

Re: Should we boycott the World Cup ?

Might as well, we won't win it which is pathetic considering we last won in in 1966.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think we should .
In fact they should have never awarded it to Russia in the first place!
That's what I was going to say. Tbh, I don't think it matters from a football point of view as I'm sure we won't be in it for too long anyway. From a political point of view it would only be worth boycotting if the whole of Europe does the same but I can't see that happening.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:28 AM

We should make a stand and pull out.
And the home office should put a ban on any British football fans going out there.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:52 AM

We should make a stand and pull out.
And the home office should put a ban on any British football fans going out there.
I understand how you feel Muddy, but I think that banning people from traveling to Russia makes us as dictatorial as they are with their citizens.
I do worry that British drunken football fans may make this situation even worse though......how can we expect other countries to support us if Russia is able to demonstrate that British people, and their government, have no respect for other countries rules?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:55 AM

Yes but not for what they've recently done, their stance on homosexuals should have meant they never got the chance to host it in the first place.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Hi

Russia will not give two hoots if we withdraw.

We would be out very quickly anyway.

It would be a pointless exercise.

We are no longer a World Player, we are simply a fly to be swatted as far as Russia and China are concerned.

We have spent £Billions on two new Aircraft Carriers.

We cannot afford the planes to fly off them and both of them have absolutely no defence against the new Russian and Chinese Hypersonic Missiles.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-03-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I understand how you feel Muddy, but I think that banning people from traveling to Russia makes us as dictatorial as they are with their citizens.
I do worry that British drunken football fans may make this situation even worse though......how can we expect other countries to support us if Russia is able to demonstrate that British people, and their government, have no respect for other countries rules?
British drunken fans are no match for the seriously dangerous Russian fans .
Russian football Hooligans make ours look like a playgroup outing .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:27 AM

British drunken fans are no match for the seriously dangerous Russian fans .
Russian football Hooligans make ours look like a playgroup outing .
Spot on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Hi

We have an overblown sense of our own importance.

It is not confined to fat football hooligans.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top