Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Who would be your Jonah?

Your ship is sinking you have to nominate one of the following to be chucked overboard. Who would you choose, with reasons for doing so?

Theresa May
Jeremy Corbyn
Donald Trump
Jesus

Although sorely tempted to chuck that ghastly man Trump into the sea, as I believe he is a loose cannon and a danger to the world, I would throw Jesus overboard, as the least cruel option, as he can supposedly walk on water!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Re: Who would be your Jonah?

I would throw him over too... a dreadful conman. Son of God?... yeah right.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Your ship is sinking you have to nominate one of the following to be chucked overboard. Who would you choose, with reasons for doing so?

Theresa May
Jeremy Corbyn
Donald Trump
Jesus

Although sorely tempted to chuck that ghastly man Trump into the sea, as I believe he is a loose cannon and a danger to the world, I would throw Jesus overboard, as the least cruel option, as he can supposedly walk on water!
Doesn't make any sense. Not sure you know this but Jesus is dead.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would throw him over too... a dreadful conman. Son of God?... yeah right.
A con man or an extremely intelligent person? How else could you inspire so many but by creating an opposing belief to those of the day? Con man or a genius? I plumb for the latter.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Doesn't make any sense. Not sure you know this but Jesus is dead.
I know that, it was a joke!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't throw any of those. I'd do a reverse one and a half somersaults with three and a half twists off the ship to get away from them.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I know that, it was a joke!
Not in very good taste in my opinion. Then again it emphasises our liberal Western ways whereby you can ridicule Jesus and all he stands for quite freely. You wouldn't be so free with your words with regard to other religious icons now would you.

By the way what are you with regard to a 'belief? I consider myself a Christian Atheist, which sounds contradictory but isn't.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ch...GY6O8QfLtZzoCQ

I consider Christianity to be the only force capable of turning the world around, and away, from its dreadful future of one world order. Might be time all atheists realised this and ditched their superior opt-out manner else they could find themselves under a regime that has all the hall marks of being created by followers ... of ... wait forrit ...

THE DEVIL

I kid you not ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:08 PM

Can we add fender to that list?

Mine would be Jesus....he wouldn't take up a precious seat in the liferaft...he could walk in front of it and give us a tow.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 12:10 PM

what the hell would I be doing on a ship with that bunch of low lifes anyway?

If it was a choice Id chuck them all overboard they are no loss to the world and then Id save my dog !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 12:19 PM

I find it amazing so many consider Jesus in such a bad light. I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember but I don't think I have stooped so low - at least I don't think I have. Why? Because his effect on the world. I mentioned being a Christian Atheist. You can pick the best of Christianity and still not believe in a 'God'. Seems the perfect solution to me. Maybe time a few on here questioned where the world is going and for what purpose - and by whom? Religion isn't out of the mix yet you know - far from it.

Being serious on a silly thread? Was it that silly though? Was it yet another dig - another attempt to dismantle the fabric of our Christian based and caring society? Some on here are gullible in the extreme - I AIN'T.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top