Join for free
Page 10 of 35 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 01:11 AM

Re: Hair!!!

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Just today I got an email from a friend who had cataract s removed from both eyes and he had a 90% recovery with both eyes.

Oh It’s beautiful filly that lives in Bowmanville. In the introductions that post stuck out at me but I couldn’t remember who it was from.
You ladies are going to have so much fun.
If she has pure white hair, she will totally rock these colours. Many younger women bleach their hair to add colour but when you go naturally grey, silver or white, the colours are crisp and clean.
And CLEARLY from my pictures you can tell they wash out. One reason I wanted to grow in my silvers was so I could have fun playing with these colours.

If I may offer a helpful suggestion:
If you just want to try colour on a small section of your hair, then pull out that amount of hair and put paper towel underneath. It makes application much easier and cleaner.

Please take pictures and post them.
I can’t wait to see them and read about your adventure.
Oh how fun. If I were closer I would love to help colour your hair.
ok honey, I will remember about the paper towel trick.....

By next week-end there will be pictures on here.....and in May it will be Filly and I and there will be lots as I will probably be with her for nearly a week.

I have gray hair, not a lot, but around the temples, lots...
Last time I got my highlights done, I did an "all over auburn" first....but now it is growing in about an inch, so, I am not going to touch it I don't think.

What I usually do (because it is so expensive), when my highlights start to look brassy, I buy an ice blonde dye, and put it all over my hair, it turns the highlights lighter and it doesn't touch the rest of my hair because it is too dark. It also makes my gray look nice.....

But now that I am going to experiment with the colours, I won't do that for a while.

Thanks for sharing with me about your friend's cataracts. 90% is great !! My fingers crossed that mine is successful also.....I am really ready because I can hardly read anymore, they are so bad. I think we all get them sooner or later.

Good night friend....signing off !!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
ok honey, I will remember about the paper towel trick.....

By next week-end there will be pictures on here.....and in May it will be Filly and I and there will be lots as I will probably be with her for nearly a week.

I have gray hair, not a lot, but around the temples, lots...
Last time I got my highlights done, I did an "all over auburn" first....but now it is growing in about an inch, so, I am not going to touch it I don't think.

What I usually do (because it is so expensive), when my highlights start to look brassy, I buy an ice blonde dye, and put it all over my hair, it turns the highlights lighter and it doesn't touch the rest of my hair because it is too dark. It also makes my gray look nice.....

But now that I am going to experiment with the colours, I won't do that for a while.

Thanks for sharing with me about your friend's cataracts. 90% is great !! My fingers crossed that mine is successful also.....I am really ready because I can hardly read anymore, they are so bad. I think we all get them sooner or later.

Good night friend....signing off !!
Hey Beautiful Blue,
An entire week? That’s awesome Blue!
You two shall have lots of fun.
Maybe by May I might be able to meet you both for lunch one day.

I’ll be real excited to see pictures of you two.

Going to the hairdressers is incredibly expensive which is one of the reasons I don’t go but the other reason is that I hate anyone touching me. It’s far too close for comfort.

I personally LOVE silver, greying hair. It’s a perfect colour as is and makes a perfect canvas for whatever colour you desire. A persons natural colour always suites them. Plus most hair dyes aren’t good for you or your hair so it will be healthier for you.

Have you decided what colours you are going to pick?

Have you decided where you are going to put it?

Did you meet Beautiful Filly on another board or do you have pm ability?

-N
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 02:15 PM

I forgot about the Rose Gold until I looked back on the posts. That is one I will get for sure. Will that go with almost anything as a second colour?? (Tips at first, mostly on the back and maybe one small piece in the front)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 02:20 PM

**Wild blueberry, if you wish to question the whereabouts of posts/threads/Moderators actions please start a thread in the Forum Questions/Feedback section.
thanks.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Just today I got an email from a friend who had cataract s removed from both eyes and he had a 90% recovery with both eyes.

Oh It’s beautiful filly that lives in Bowmanville. In the introductions that post stuck out at me but I couldn’t remember who it was from.
You ladies are going to have so much fun.
If she has pure white hair, she will totally rock these colours. Many younger women bleach their hair to add colour but when you go naturally grey, silver or white, the colours are crisp and clean.
And CLEARLY from my pictures you can tell they wash out. One reason I wanted to grow in my silvers was so I could have fun playing with these colours.

If I may offer a helpful suggestion:
If you just want to try colour on a small section of your hair, then pull out that amount of hair and put paper towel underneath. It makes application much easier and cleaner.

Please take pictures and post them.
I can’t wait to see them and read about your adventure.
Oh how fun. If I were closer I would love to help colour your hair.
Good morning Bratti...you are absolutely right, I am the one from Bowmanville. We, Blue and I always have way too much fun when we're together... I should imagine that playing around with colours for our hair will be no exception. But, only the wash out kinds for sure as my daughter would kill me if I used permanent dyes...

I am getting really excited now that I know we're doing some colouring...and I don't mean in a book. Very !

So, Bratti...going by the wording in your post...I am assuming that perhaps y'all live close to Bowmanville?

Enjoy the rest of your day...BF.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 10:40 AM

I love my long hair and have only had it cut short the once.....Big Mistake, I hated it. I wear it in all different styles up, down, tied back, platted. whatever the mood takes me.
This was how I did it for a Halloween Party. But it washed out after a LOT of scrubbing.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I love my long hair and have only had it cut short the once.....Big Mistake, I hated it. I wear it in all different styles up, down, tied back, platted. whatever the mood takes me.
This was how I did it for a Halloween Party. But it washed out after a LOT of scrubbing.
Wow Roxy what a lovely head of hair you have! Is the wave in it natural?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:33 PM

Yes Rhian it is.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 12:35 PM

You're lucky

Mines as straight as they come and fine
I have to keep it in a bob or it gets ratty!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I forgot about the Rose Gold until I looked back on the posts. That is one I will get for sure. Will that go with almost anything as a second colour?? (Tips at first, mostly on the back and maybe one small piece in the front)
Hey there Blue,
Yes the rose gold is the one I originally suggested. You can’t go wrong with the rose gold but no it doesn’t go with any other colour. It will go nicely with pink or purple. I strongly suggest the purple. For one, it’s the hottest colour of the season but more importantly, it’s a soft colour which will look flattering in small amounts on you. Have fun my spunky friend.
Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Good morning Bratti...you are absolutely right, I am the one from Bowmanville. We, Blue and I always have way too much fun when we're together... I should imagine that playing around with colours for our hair will be no exception. But, only the wash out kinds for sure as my daughter would kill me if I used permanent dyes...

I am getting really excited now that I know we're doing some colouring...and I don't mean in a book. Very !

So, Bratti...going by the wording in your post...I am assuming that perhaps y'all live close to Bowmanville?

Enjoy the rest of your day...BF.
Hey Beautiful Filly.
You and your daughter, have my word , that it will indeed wash out. I can’t blame your daughter for that one. If using a gentle shampoo, it might take two washes but if using a clarifying shampoo, it will wash out no problem first time.. I swear.
You ladies are going to have soooo much fun. Seriously I’m jealous

And ‘no’ I don’t live anywhere near Bowmanville but I would be very willing to drive down to meet you ladies. I checked online and see you have a holiday inn and best western which are good enough for me.

P.S. ...... Please don’t feel obligated to post pictures. I was only kidding about calling you all chickens

BUT if you DO, that would totally be AWESOME!!!
Just sayin’

Page 10 of 35 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top