Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Re: DWP scams benefit claimants (again)

The rate should be checked on a regular basis, and reduced as soon as someone improves. My husband's was reduced to moderate after a year or so, he had insisted he was checked as he didn't think it was right being classed as severe when his mobility got much better. He got rid of his blue badge as well.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The rate should be checked on a regular basis, and reduced as soon as someone improves. My husband's was reduced to moderate after a year or so, he had insisted he was checked as he didn't think it was right being classed as severe when his mobility got much better. He got rid of his blue badge as well.
Nowadays claimants are checked on a regular basis with assessments for both PIP and ESA. The assessors decide on the qualifying level of benefits. Changes in circumstances have to be notified.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:21 AM

That already happens and it always seems to err on side of taking away what people need rather than increasing it for them, strange that. Even people dying in hospital aren't exempt
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That already happens and it always seems to err on side of taking away what people need rather than increasing it for them, strange that. Even people dying in hospital aren't exempt
If they are dying in hospital they don't need benefit money, do they?

The UK hasn't an endless supply of money so claimants should be monitored very closely, imo.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:25 PM

The UK hasn't an endless supply of money so claimants should be monitored very closely, imo.

Did you learn you caring attitude from Josef Mengele bby any chance???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Yes let's throw their families out on the streets such a good idea. Workhouse perhaps if they can't rehouse and find a job quick enough ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes let's throw their families out on the streets such a good idea. Workhouse perhaps if they can't rehouse and find a job quick enough ?
Good idea!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:47 PM

Tarantula you don’t appear to have an ounce of compassion for those who find themselves in less fortunate circumstances than yourself.
Joking that people dying in hospital are not needing money they’re entitled to is to be frowned on to say the very least .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Tarantula you don’t appear to have an ounce of compassion for those who find themselves in less fortunate circumstances than yourself.
Joking that people dying in hospital are not needing money they’re entitled to is to be frowned on to say the very least .
I wasn't joking about dying people, I was making a statement.
I thought benefits were stopped if you were in hospital, as you have no need of them there.

I have sympathy with people who are in unfortunate situations through no fault of their own.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:55 PM

I wasn't joking about dying people, I was making a statement.
I thought benefits were stopped if you were in hospital, as you have no need of them there.

I have sympathy with people who are in unfortunate situations through no fault of their own.

Then you have no appreciation of the benefit system, go away, research and then come back and debate!!!

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top