Join for free
Page 97 of 190 « First < 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

The happy runs continued this morning with a reasonably comfortable eight miler.
At first I didn't think that was going to be the case. A very sticky night and the lightning that had flashed through the window last night didn't turn into the expected storm, so the temperature and humidity were still high, 23 degrees C and 50% humidity at six thirty this morning as I jogged off down the street.

I soon found the right pace to prevent overheating and that would get me all the way round the route without too much trouble. A bowl of Bob's life giving elixer [porridge with copious amounts of honey] soon had me ready to face whatever the day decides to throw at me...

Have never used the tape Val but seen other runners with it on. I just run through the pain.....
Tell your Daughter that runs don't have to be miserable or cut short in the hot weather, just go slower so as to avoid overheating. Once your core temperature raises by just one degree you lose ten percent of your power and feel like Sh!te......
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:10 PM

I think she must have felt like that Foxy, she doesn't give up easily!

Anyway pleased to hear you're back to your good runs, the weather must make a difference, it's been much cooler and drizzly here today.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I think she must have felt like that Foxy, she doesn't give up easily!

Anyway pleased to hear you're back to your good runs, the weather must make a difference, it's been much cooler and drizzly here today.
The fact that she's a runner, and long distance at that, makes her something special in my book Val.......Respect!....
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Aww thanks Foxy. I've found that you runners are great support for one another!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-06-2017, 11:23 AM

For a minute there I thought I might be included on Mark's 'Most Boring Posters' list, but I might be okay.....I don't think he comes in here.....

So it's beginning to look like I've wasted my money on the physio, after getting past six miles on my eight mile run this morning my lower back and buttock muscles started to tighten, as usual, and I'm having to shuffle around a bit in my chair while writing this.....

Sure, I can still get out running, but it's so annoying when I ask for more power and it just makes my back ache, never used to be like this when I was a young spunk.....
I am getting to be a dab hand at filling forms in though after getting drowned in a sea of paperwork following FIL's demise...Mrs Fox hates it so has left it all up to me, I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:44 AM

The best part of growing old is the bus pass
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
The best part of growing old is the bus pass
That comes a close second to being a member of this forum Myrtle....
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That comes a close second to being a member of this forum Myrtle....
But you can join this forum at 50 and that's not old ... by the time we get our bus pass we are certainly on the way to old age
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-06-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
But you can join this forum at 50 and that's not old ... by the time we get our bus pass we are certainly on the way to old age
Noooooooooo Myrtle.....At sixty six, [soon to be sixty seven] in my mind I can still do all the things that I used to do at forty, I just prefer not to do them.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Gone to another funeral......Back soon....

Page 97 of 190 « First < 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top