Join for free
Page 2 of 370 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 > Last »
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I work part time, all standing, walking quickly also look after a very active 4 year old one afternoon/evening a week.
I don't think that's enough though so I go to a gym, circuit training, 3/4 times a week and you have to move along sharpish!! Have done this for 15 years now so it's just part of my life, I enjoy it and will carry on as long as I am able.
I eat a healthy diet, counting my calories every day, obsessive? yes, maybe but it works for me. I have treats but only occasionally and one day a week I have a 'light' day with no cooked food apart from a bowl of soup - my detox day!
I'm a healthy 9st 7lbs and no sign of osteoporosis - this at 60plus so well pleased.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 11:12 AM

At 79 I don't do a lot of exercise as such, but not having a car I do walk as much as I can, and once a week I walk with my shopping trolley to our local Aldi to do my weekly supermarket shop ( cheaper by far than the local Sainsburys which is 10 mins at the most away), which takes me half and hour there and half an hour back.
Otherwise it just gardening when I'm in the mood, and of course housework when I feel it's apsolutely necessary.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 01:17 PM

In the past i had many hobbies to keep me fit and healthy most of them contributed to health problems over the years in some way or other. Eventually started walking lots and also swimming, both of these i highly recommend, in the case of walking having hobbies that you can enjoy at the same time boosts the enjoyment of the days workout.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 07:14 PM

When I began this thread, I said I would post the occasional exercise routine. I know this may look rather double Dutch to some of you but it’s fairly typical of the exercise routine I do in the gym.

Today was my first day of training for 8 days and it felt like it to begin with. I was feeling (and looking) fat, flat and so out of breath that it took all my might to get myself going. But when I got underway, I think you’ll agree that I pulled out all the stops for this 2-hour marathon, employing an all-over workout for my sins. I’ve left out all the weights used and sets/repetition structure to list just the basic apparatus I used to give you an idea.

Saturday 24.10.15 Full body:

1. Barbell press, 15° incline (warm-up)
2. Incline chest press
3. Triceps pulldown
4. E-Z curl, seated preacher bench, low pull
5. DB concentration curl, alt
6. DB preacher curl, top of bench
7. High pull bicep cable curls
8. BB forearm reverse curl
9. Seated row, hammer bar
10. Lat pulldown, underarm grip
11. Smith incline medley, fixed weight
12. Single DB raise, lying flat bench
13. Seated (horizontal) leg press
14. Leg extensions
15. Incline leg press
16. Ab crunch
17. Rope face pulls
18. Seated row, underarm grip (straight bar)
19. Chest press, seated stack machine
20. Shoulder press

Time: 2hr.05 mins.

I was immensely pleased with today’s session in the end. It was tough to begin with but I got into my stride and ended up feeling refreshed and so please I made the effort.
If there is anyone on here who does any gym training and would like any advice or tips, even exercise routines, I’m only too happy to help out. Rgds.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Feel quite tired just reading it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 08:34 AM

I sit in my riser/recliner every day and waggle my feet and ankles - that's just about as strenuous an exercise as I want to do.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 11:09 AM

Hi Floydy, I used to be a Keep-fit fanatic and weights, but now at the age of 60, I have two discs in my back sticking out, sciatica, leg muscle problems and can't even get up a hill now, but I do try and walk for 1 hr. every day, plus I do a lot of housework, I do try and do some home exercises but I have to be careful of my back.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 05:03 PM

I've had both knees replaced so I don't do the Gym, I swim 50 lengths a day Monday to Friday and walk a few miles daily with the dogs. I also ride one of my partners Clydesdales, but not on my own. I think my Surgeon would have a fit if he knew about the horses but I refuse to give it up, I just need help mounting and dismounting....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Some great replies on here, thanks for the responses they are much appreciated.
I understand that as we age our bodies become more susceptible to injury. Exercise does help in any way possible, whether it's just be a short walk - every little counts. Just do what you can and you'll always feel the benefit.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 09:28 PM

Ran 6 miles tonight and now enjoying cold milk with sum vodka innit - nice . Wonderful sport is running / jogging but it ain't for everyone. So many aspects to running making it a sport you can continue to do throughout your life and not get bored (as long as you consider it from all angles). I'm looking forward to getting my BMI right down (body fat) which will enable me to run as of days of old - on my toes. Seems to make no difference how old you are as the challenges are the same, but you run a little slower (maybe).

Page 2 of 370 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top