Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:07 PM

Re: Guess What Dropped On My Doormat This Morning?!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nom I know someone who has reason to be grateful to the test, without it he may not still be with us.

Cancer has touched my life on several occasions Meg, it will not kill me.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:12 PM

Wait, you get kits in the mail to test for bowel cancer?
Nothing like that here.
C'mon Canada, get with the program!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cancer has touched my life on several occasions Meg, it will not kill me.
Your decision Nom I watched a family member die with bowel cancer and it would not be my choice of departure..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Neither of us have had such a kit. Do you have to ask for it ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Guess im on the foolish list Meg. Ive had a few and never used one yet.
Nom, Is this because you believe you would never get bowel cancer or the faff of doing the test itself?
When you first do the test you can't believe what you have to do! Catching, nipping a bit off with the stick, then pasting it onto the card. After a few tests, you become a dab hand at doing it. The worst thought for me is, dropping it in the postbox, the postman probably knowing what he is handling, then some poor person at the receiving end, opening it and testing it. Day in day out!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Alan the kits are automatically sent to people between the ages of 60 and 74. If you are over that age you can still request a screening.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/bowel-c...roduction.aspx
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It was my Bowel Cancer Test kit! This is the fourth I have received over the years! In the past, two of my tests came back 'unclear' and I cried for days with the worry.
Have you ever received one of these test kits? Do you complete the test or do you throw them in the bin as some do?!!
Like you, my first test came back unclear. I was distraught, but the next one came back clear. Since then I did another one which was clear but last year I didn't do the test as we were living in a caravan in a different county between property sale and new property purchase. My husband doesn't do them.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It was my Bowel Cancer Test kit! This is the fourth I have received over the years! In the past, two of my tests came back 'unclear' and I cried for days with the worry.
Have you ever received one of these test kits? Do you complete the test or do you throw them in the bin as some do?!!
Do it.

Just do it.

Better to cry your eyes out with worry than cry your eyes out with regret.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
No, Alan. I have never asked for it. It is sent out to you every so many years. I think I received my first test kit when I was 53. It isn't sent from your doctor but comes under the NHS Cancer Screening Programmes.

www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk

Sorry, Meg. I didn't see you had already posted a link.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Alan the kits are automatically sent to people between the ages of 60 and 74. If you are over that age you can still request a screening.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/bowel-c...roduction.aspx
I see Meg, we're too old to get bowel cancer are we ? .........or doesn't it matter if overage people get it ?

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top