Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:32 PM

Millionaire Potatoes.

Morning everyone! Here with a recipe I tried for dinner last night. Don’t know of course if some on here haven’t already tried it but here it is for those who haven’t and want a quick dish of side potatoes for their meal.
He who must obey had a day off work so I thought I would experiment with a new potato dish that I found online. (poor devil, he is always the guinea pig! ) LOL. I have found so many new recipes to try that he has loved and said he would have that again, but he hardly gets a chance to try them again because I’m always on the look-out for new ones. Mind you, these were so simple to do that he will probably be lucky and I will do them again soon.

Before I give you the recipe, please note that if doing these potatoes from raw, the cooking time should be 30 - 35 minutes. However, me being the absolute cynic when it comes to potatoes supposedly meant to be soft enough as the experts always say, never takes chances and always par-boils them first for about 10 minutes to ensure when they are finished they bloomin well ARE soft! So if parboiling your tatties first, reduce the cooking time in the oven to only 15 minutes instead of 30-35 minutes.

MILLIONAIRE POTATOES.

You will need - 2 x shallow dishes - This serves 2 people. I apologise for this being in cups instead of grams but it’s an American recipe and I happen to have American cup measuring spoons so no problem for me.

½ cup of melted butter
½ cup of crushed cornflakes
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
⅛ teaspoon of onion powder
½ teaspoon of salt
⅛ teaspoon of pepper
2lbs of Potatoes

Preheat your oven to 400F/200C/Fan180/Gas Mark 6.

Cut your potatoes into your preferred wedgie sizes. (I peeled mine first but many of you may prefer to leave the skins on.

In one of the shallow dishes, put in the melted butter.

In the other shallow dish, combine the rest of the ingredients (but not the potatoes).

Dip the Wedgies into the butter first and then into the crumb mixture, ensuring they are completely coated.

Lay them out onto the baking tray and cook for 30 - 35 mins (or 15 mins if parboiled)

That’s it! They taste really yum and sooooo easy to do. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ca2854e793174304bd82fc151bc1c1c8.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	3154  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Re: Millionaire Potatoes.

I do a similar thing but using porridge oats, that's quite nice too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top