Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:09 AM

Re: Macron

Hi

The agreement was negotiated by David Blunkett, agreed in 2003, came into force 2004, it has nothing to do with EU Membership.

It worked well until 2010 when Theresa May decimated the staff enforcing it,hence the huge rise in illegals entering the UK.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Even as we speak, I am reading that the EU are voting to do away with the "Dublin Regulation" that meant any immigrants arriving to the first safe EU country was the responsibility of that country and should be registered there. Macron is one of those all for it

That's the thing with the EU. Spew out a law, but when it doesn't suit them, away with it. All good for the Med countries such as Greece, Spain and Italy etc who have borne the brunt of illegals, But instead of doing something to eradicate the problem, hey ho, easy solution - just get rid of the Dublin Regulation and allow the EU unelected suits to demand (and expect) that every other EU country,(whether their economy or social services can afford it) be ordered to take them all in.

Says it all really. We tried to put our argument about this little island being too small to accommodate so many immigrants all at once during the Blair/Brown years, but were shouted down as racists and bigots with even threats of prison for race hate crime. Frightening times for those who only wished others to see how the fabric of our society was rapidly collapsing due to the great influx all at once.

So I thank God that the Referendum result went our way for leaving. I will admit I was as shocked as remain voters at the result. I did not realise just how many others in this country felt exactly the same. but will admit to feeling absolutely victorious, and still savour that feeling now, regardless of the traitors in two Houses (no doubt having feathered their own rich nests from the EU for years) doing their utmost to destroy the democratic will of the people.

Contrary to belief, most leavers do not know how things will be once we finally break free, but whatever it is, we will face it head on and take any hardships on the chin because we will finally be free to make our own mistakes but it will be OUR mistakes, and not laws, regulations and red tape forced on this beautiful Island by unelected suits who want every citizen from every European country to be known as European. Well, sorry Mrs Merkle, when anyone asks me, I am not European, I am English first, British next. I have never been a European and never want to be.
If that leaves me open to the usual insults from the remain community on here, let me put my trusty tin helmet on first please.

Finally, apart from Forums, the quiet Leave majority have remained silent in the last 18 months or so since the Referendum. The people with the loudest voices are those who have been doing their utmost to stop Brexit. There is not much we can do about the croneys placed in the Lords to make as much mischief as they can over Brexit, except perhaps cull their numbers, but..... I can almost guarantee those traitorous MP's who have decided to speak for themselves rather than their constituents wishes, will know the feeling of unemployment when the next GE comes around. The silent majority will once again, show their feeling at being p.....d on from a great height from the very people they put into Parliament to speak and act on their behalf.

The British Bulldog is alive, well and still wagging his tail!
Excellent post. I couldn't have put it better myself
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Macron can shut up about the UK helping out more with migrants. He let them into France, he can keep them.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Macron can shut up about the UK helping out more with migrants. He let them into France, he can keep them.
Of course, if the UK don't pay their share of the costs and take some responsibility he could go back to his original plan of scrapping the treaty and then the British border will would move from Calais back to Dover.

Then all those migrants seeking asylum in the U.K. wouldn't be stopped by border officials on French shores and they could just let them make their way over here by any means available and we'd have to process them here under international law, that's international law, not EU law.

That would move The Jungle from Calais to here, the migrants would be the UK's problem, not France's and he could continue to let them into France, but then let them go on to the UK and we'd be the ones keeping them.

So it's you Brexiters who should shut up and show some gratitude and snap up the offer while it's being made, it's more than you deserve.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:22 AM

Perhaps we should make the UK as unattractive as possible to those people in the sure knowledge that they'd instantly make their way back to France.

The reason they all want to come here is because, thanks to our bleating do-gooders, our streets are figuratively paved with gold and our laws are completely ineffective.

Take a leaf out of France's book and ensure that their life in France would be far more attractive.

I'm sure that some will try to shoot me down in flames for this suggestion, but if the Frogs are not breaking any international (or EU) rules, then we wouldn't be either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Of course, if the UK don't pay their share of the costs and take some responsibility he could go back to his original plan of scrapping the treaty and then the British border will would move from Calais back to Dover.

Then all those migrants seeking asylum in the U.K. wouldn't be stopped by border officials on French shores and they could just let them make their way over here by any means available and we'd have to process them here under international law, that's international law, not EU law.

That would move The Jungle from Calais to here, the migrants would be the UK's problem, not France's and he could continue to let them into France, but then let them go on to the UK and we'd be the ones keeping them.

So it's you Brexiters who should shut up and show some gratitude and snap up the offer while it's being made, it's more than you deserve.
It's true that our government should have seen this coming and prepared for it. Then we could have told Macron to stuff it up his cheese munching @rse. It just goes to show what sneaky, conniving people our EU 'partners' are and it enforces our reasons for leaving.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's true that our government should have seen this coming and prepared for it. Then we could have told Macron to stuff it up his cheese munching @rse. It just goes to show what sneaky, conniving people our EU 'partners' are and it enforces our reasons for leaving.
Exactly,

Since the vote, the EU and our "friends" have shown their true colours.
All it's done with me is to reinforce my feeling that Brexit was the correct decision.
I hope and pray the EU sinks and that we were the catalyst.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
exactly,

since the vote, the eu and our "friends" have shown their true colours.
All it's done with me is is reinforce my feeling that brexit was the correct decision.
I hope and pray the eu sinks and that we were the catalyst.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 07:55 AM

According to today's papers Macron and May are to sign an agreement.

Emmanuel Macron and Theresa May will sign a treaty on Thursday increasing Britain’s contribution towards preventing migrants in Calais from crossing the Channel and speeding up the asylum process for those entitled to claim refuge in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-border-treaty

Much ado about nothing.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
According to today's papers Macron and May are to sign an agreement.

Emmanuel Macron and Theresa May will sign a treaty on Thursday increasing Britain’s contribution towards preventing migrants in Calais from crossing the Channel and speeding up the asylum process for those entitled to claim refuge in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-border-treaty

Much ado about nothing.
I thinks it’s Britain’s contributions increasing that the Brexiters are moaning about. They seem to think the French should police our borders for us free of charge.

The French have no obligation to stop people leaving their country, whether headed for the UK or elsewhere. They are providing a service in doing so and it is right that we should pay for that service.

Or move our border back from Calais to Dover.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top