Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:09 AM

Do you listen to the radio?

I do not sleep well and listen with many others to a phone in
programme LBC it can be very interesting and sometimes quite boring.

The presenter can mak or break the programme. I never
phone in myself.

Some music programmes I listen to during the day.

How about you?
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:16 AM

Re: Do you listen to the radio?

Yes , many hours a day/night, LBC weekdays and music stations at weekends.
If I had to choose I'd have radio rather than tv.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 12:40 AM

I used to listen to the radio a lot until recently when I decided I needed to catch up on albums I haven't played.
In the car I play self-compiled CDs.
When I occasionally do listen to the radio, it's BBC6 Music or Radio 2 when they not playing chart fodder.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:00 AM

I am woken by the radio and I turn it on and off at various times during the day. Perhaps it is my age but it never occurs to me to turn on a TV before the 7pm News.

Personally I always listen to the ABC Local Radio which is mostly talking but I cannot stand the mindless drivel of the local commercial stations (it is bad enough having to endure them when I am in a shop)

My only complaint about ABC local is that at 12pm every weekday they broadcast the NSW Country Hour - essential listening for those who need to know heifer prices at Dubbo or the cost of weaners at the saleyards in Deniliquin but for me, on the fringe of suburbia, I usually change stations to ABC Radio National for The World Today

There are three ABC radio stations available to me

ABC Classic FM - obviously classical music
ABC Local Radio - from the studios in Wollongong or Nowra
ABC Radio National - as it says and a good station BUT on the AM band so you can't get it on your phone for example except by streaming and using up data.
ABC News Radio - right at the end of the FM dial and such a weak signal it is hard to find unless you have a good receiver.

Oh yes Friday evenings at 5pm 'Thank God it's Friday' unmissable
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 01:19 AM

I love the radio - wouldn't be without it - there is one in every room.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 03:32 AM

Yes I like Radio Scotland. It's not all music...or what passes for music these days. Lots of Phone Ins, Audio Stories, and Chat Shows.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 08:00 AM

I've always enjoyed the radio. Mostly Radio 4 but I sometimes listen when in the car to local radio stations.
I enjoy listening to speech radio rather than music though.

In 1995 I was an avid listener to the new Talk Radio with Tommy Boyd, Anna Raeburn etc. Stopped listening when it became talk sport.

I also have the radio on during the night when radio 4 becomes the World Service.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 08:31 AM

I listen to it first thing in morning,whilst drinking a coffee and catching up on the lappy
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Only in the car we listen to Essex Radio.

Sometime on the TV if they have Sixties music on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Usually LBC in the morning or in the car. Mainly because they tend to report the news before you see it elsewhere. They have become extremely influential. It's part of a large and successful media group.

If I get fed up with people ranting on LBC then Magic is a good remedy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top