Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:10 AM

The Australian Open

Any one watching? It's a bit difficult to keep up what with the time difference I know.

Yesterday, I purposely avoided all the news programmes so that I could watch the highlights of the Edmund v Dimitrov match (didn't fancy sitting up till 3am to watch it live).

I settled down to watch Eurosport only to hear the panel give the result and all the scores just a few minutes before showing the match.

Oh well, at least Edmund went through to the semis.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: The Australian Open

Yes LD, I have been following the Australian Open, especially Andy Murray’s protege, Kyle Edmund. He’s playing really well isn’t he and hopefully his form will continue in the semi’s against Cilic. That match starts at midnight. I try to listen to his matches live on the radio so hopefully I’ll still be awake for that one
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 11:50 AM

That's disgraceful Longdogs, I haven't been following the tenis but I know what you mean. I follow F1 and now that channel four only show the odd live race it's a case of either watching the highlights later or recording it. On both occasions I avoid watching the news like the plague, but the result sometimes slips through when turning on my computer (Homepage is BBC news) or some friend or family member......Grrrrrrrr.......Good to see Edmund doing well though....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's disgraceful Longdogs, I haven't been following the tenis but I know what you mean. I follow F1 and now that channel four only show the odd live race it's a case of either watching the highlights later or recording it. On both occasions I avoid watching the news like the plague, but the result sometimes slips through when turning on my computer (Homepage is BBC news) or some friend or family member......Grrrrrrrr.......Good to see Edmund doing well though....
Annoying isn't it. I can understand why Eurosport does it because it's a catch up channel as well as live events but I think giving the results a few minutes before the match starts is ridiculous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes LD, I have been following the Australian Open, especially Andy Murray’s protege, Kyle Edmund. He’s playing really well isn’t he and hopefully his form will continue in the semi’s against Cilic. That match starts at midnight. I try to listen to his matches live on the radio so hopefully I’ll still be awake for that one
That's odd Mags. I have just heard that the match will be shown live on Eurosport1 between 08.00 and 08;30 tomorrow morning (Thursday). Like I said, it's difficult keeping up with it and the coverage is nowhere near as good as Wimbledon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's odd Mags. I have just heard that the match will be shown live on Eurosport1 between 08.00 and 08;30 tomorrow morning (Thursday). Like I said, it's difficult keeping up with it and the coverage is nowhere near as good as Wimbledon.
Thanks for the correction LD, that’s much better ... I quoted the time from Order of Play
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 12:49 PM

Edmund wins just over 500k for reaching the semis. That's huge for him and should lead to more lucrative sponsorship.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 05:04 PM

Good luck to Kedders for tomorrow, the boy dun good so far.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks for the correction LD, that’s much better ... I quoted the time from Order of Play
Hopefully that's right, of course it could be later than scheduled.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Good luck to Kedders for tomorrow, the boy dun good so far.
Hear hear!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top