Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Cannabis Oil

https://inews.co.uk/news/holland-bar...-cannabis-oil/

Now I know Holland and Barrett are stocking this, I'm off today to try it out to see if it helps with intermittent back pain.

Anyone else fancy giving it a go?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 09:41 AM

Re: Cannabis Oil

Well blow me! Just two days ago my friend said she had got some of this too, from H & B, because of her awful ongoing back pain.
I could not see any on their website, well, only in products like shampoos, deodorants etc, not to take internally, so thought she must have got the name wrong.
I thought Cannabis was illegal still?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:11 AM

With medicinal cannabis they take out the chemical that gives you a high. It's not legal in the UK yet. But no reason why it shouldn't be. It's legal in many other countries.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
https://inews.co.uk/news/holland-bar...-cannabis-oil/

Now I know Holland and Barrett are stocking this, I'm off today to try it out to see if it helps with intermittent back pain.

Anyone else fancy giving it a go?
Yes,I read on the Welsh Forum that one of the Members there was giving it a try...so I may too if it helps with Arthritic joints...let Us know how You get on with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:21 AM

Some producers and sellers of cannabis oil products were on Dragons Den recently, they didn't get an investment because of the way the business was structured. People will buy it, many will buy anything if the advertising is good.

The oil contains only certain compounds from the cannabis plant and they are not illegal to produce.

No I won't be buying it, I think most things rubbed on the skin are a waste of money, they are not on there long enough and don't penetrate the skin sufficiently to do anything and this was demonstrated on a medical program recently. However the placebo effect can be useful, if you think something is doing you good it can make you feel better.

The things shown to have an effect are massage and the use of heat and cold.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some producers and sellers of cannabis oil were on Dragons Den recently, they didn't get an investment not because the oil wasn't any good but because of the way the business was structured. People will buy it, many will buy anything if the advertising is good.

The oil contains only certain compounds from the cannabis plant and they are not illegal to produce.

No I won't be buying it, I think most things rubbed on the skin are a waste of money, they are not on there long enough and don't penetrate the skin sufficiently to do anything and this was demonstrated on a medical program recently.

The things shown to have an effect are massage and the use of heat and cold.
I don't think it's rubbed on the skin from what I read Meg..but in a dropper bottle to be put under the tongue,..any kind of rubs have been less than useless for me too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't think it's rubbed on the skin from what I read Meg..but in a dropper bottle to be put under the tongue,..any kind of rubs have been less than useless for me too.
Thank you May I thought it was a similar thing, I won't be buying drops to ingest either
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:01 AM

You can even buy it to vape

I know a few people who do use it with varying affect, some say it works, others seem to get no benefit
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:28 AM

I didn't buy it in the end. Apparently the active ingredient has been removed, so I can't see how it can do any good at all. Incidentally they sell it in chewing gum form as well as drops under the tongue.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't use this product but that's just me. I doubt it's effectiveness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top