Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:45 AM

Re: Cat repellent

Apparently lion poo works really well in the garden and yes you can actually buy it, but I don't think you'd want it behind your TV.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Apparently lion poo works really well in the garden and yes you can actually buy it, but I don't think you'd want it behind your TV.
True. I could try it, though. Perhaps the wife would blame it on the kittens.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:56 PM

Glad that thingy did the trick.
After reading it's kept foxes at bay, I'm wondering if it will do the same for porcupines.
We're pretty sure there's a den nearby, and have had to shoo them off the property a few times. Don't want the dogs getting near one of them!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Glad that thingy did the trick.
After reading it's kept foxes at bay, I'm wondering if it will do the same for porcupines.
We're pretty sure there's a den nearby, and have had to shoo them off the property a few times. Don't want the dogs getting near one of them!
It has different frequency settings for different animals, although there is no mention of porcupines.

I suppose we don't get too many of them over here.

Er... I'm afraid I have no idea where Zamboniland is! Is it somewhere in Australia?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
There's enough crap on telly as it is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:25 PM

I have been wanting to ask you for a while now JBR, do you still have Poppy?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Has anyone experience of an EFFECTIVE cat repellent?

Our kittens are fascinated by things behind our television and its stand, one in particular. Cables, the weight chains of our clock, and perhaps just a place to hide.

Cats are supposed to dislike citrus smells. I have placed orange peel behind the set, but they are not put off at all.

I shout at them - no effect. My wife shouts at them - they run away (the higher pitch might be a clue).

That got me thinking, a sonic device might be the best solution, but there are so many on the market and they all claim to be the best! Yes, they are usually regarded as being outdoor things, but I don't see why they shouldn't work indoors.

I'd appreciate any personal recommendations.
The wife's cooking always works a treat mate - I should sell it in small packets as animal (or anything) repellent....
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It has different frequency settings for different animals, although there is no mention of porcupines.

I suppose we don't get too many of them over here.

Er... I'm afraid I have no idea where Zamboniland is! Is it somewhere in Australia?
Far, far from Oz!
It's Canada!
A zamboni is used to clean and smooth the surface of a sheet of ice, usually in an ice rink - so they're used a lot here for ice hockey.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top