Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 01:41 PM

Re: Mad Scientists at it again

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
If a million animals have to die to save the life of one child, I have no problem with that at all.
It is no surprise that is your attitude, but that would eventually kill all people because it would affect the ecological balance that all life depends on.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is no surprise that is your attitude, but that would eventually kill all people because it would affect the ecological balance that all life depends on.
Have you any evidence to support that statement?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:02 PM

I am an animal lover and would not agree with hurting animals in any way however i do also worry about youngsters who die while waiting for transplants while waiting for organs to be donated.

Its a tough decision for me as can i trust that the scientists who can do this will make sure that organs go to all the people who need them not just those who can afford them and would the animals used be treated humanely.

With the things we can do these days can we not grow these organs in a lab instead of using animals.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I am an animal lover and would not agree with hurting animals in any way however i do also worry about youngsters who die while waiting for transplants while waiting for organs to be donated.

Its a tough decision for me as can i trust that the scientists who can do this will make sure that organs go to all the people who need them not just those who can afford them and would the animals used be treated humanely.

With the things we can do these days can we not grow these organs in a lab instead of using animals.
One day it might be possible, until then animals must be used, imo.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

I was under the impression years ago it could be done but it costs more. That is one of the reasons I worry about this. We can't use animals just because it's cheaper.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:12 PM

As I said earlier, It might be saving a life, but it also taking a life too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Have you any evidence to support that statement?
All species are important and help keep the ecosystem balanced. Ecological balance is a term describing how ecosystems are organized in a state of stability where species coexist with other species and with their environment. ... A disturbance is any change that causes a disruption in the balance of an ecosystem.

It is a educated theory that, if the balance of life forms becomes too disturbed, there is a strong possibility that many other species will also die. Even David Attenborough has said that if termites didn't exist it would seriously affect number of humans that lived.
If killing a lot of animals to save one baby happens, do you not think that would upset the balance of nature when everybody wants their baby saving too?
I base my opinions on what people, who know a lot more about it than I do, think, and it is a fact that an Ecological imbalance will kill some life forms, possibly humans.

Although I do believe that humans are the most likely creatures to destroy the world anyway....because we have already started to do that!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
All species are important and help keep the ecosystem balanced. Ecological balance is a term describing how ecosystems are organized in a state of stability where species coexist with other species and with their environment. ... A disturbance is any change that causes a disruption in the balance of an ecosystem.

It is a educated theory that, if the balance of life forms becomes too disturbed, there is a strong possibility that many other species will also die. Even David Attenborough has said that if termites didn't exist it would seriously affect number of humans that lived.
If killing a lot of animals to save one baby happens, do you not think that would upset the balance of nature when everybody wants their baby saving too?
I base my opinions on what people, who know a lot more about it than I do, think, and it is a fact that an Ecological imbalance will kill some life forms, possibly humans.

Although I do believe that humans are the most likely creatures to destroy the world anyway....because we have already started to do that!

You're right Twink, I have seen programmes about this too.
It is quite amazing, and very interesting how one life form can have such a knock-on affect on others.

And just for the record, I haven't changed my mind, I still think scientists will go too far one day, and probably destroy us all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're right Twink, I have seen programmes about this too.
It is quite amazing, and very interesting how one life form can have such a knock-on affect on others.

And just for the record, I haven't changed my mind, I still think scientists will go too far one day, and probably destroy us all.
So do I Mups! that was exactly my point. Humans, believing that are the superior species, will probably destroy all life on this planet.......because they always want more!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 03:57 PM

We Mustn't lose sight of the reason that most animals are out there in the fields.

They will be off to the slaughtered, eventually, to feed humans.

It doesn't take much thought to suggest that those very same animals could be "modified" such that organs become available as transplants, for humans, at the same time as they are killed to become food.

Some difficult decisions coming, as the world population grows.

Hopefully, some travellers won't arrive, from outer space, and do the same to us.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top