Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:31 AM

Striking Out.... (Channel 5Select)

Has anyone seen this new Irish legal drama series, Striking Out, which is on Thursday’s at 9pm on Channel 5Select?

It kicks off with Dublin based solicitor Tara Rafferty, returning home unexpectedly, from her Hen party and finding her solicitor fiancé cheating on her with a colleague!

She sets up her own practice in an old building

There are 10 episodes and stars Neil Morrissey and Amy Huberman, who was in the latest series of Cold Feet.

It started last Thursday but may be online or on Catch Up?

5Select is 54 on Freeview and 175 on Sky.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 01:21 AM

Re: Striking Out.... (Channel 5Select)

Thanks for the tip Art.
Have just watched first 2 episodes...hooked!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thanks for the tip Art.
Have just watched first 2 episodes...hooked!
ruthio, I’m really pleased about that!
I think, it’s great!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:59 AM

I watched Episode 1 last and was initially "gripped", mainly by Amy's performance.

But, as time went on, I was struck by how "American" it became in its' investigative and courtroom sequences - Amy's inadequate defence of her clients won not have passed a judge's scrutiny in any court that I've been in - but perhaps that's the Dublin way, too .....

Neil's late appearance was much anticipated by myself but, sadly, his acting has not improved with age.

Nevertheless, I'll give Episode 2 a chance tonight .....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 08:44 PM

I really enjoyed it!

But it didnt end, so theres another series...

Will it be like The Good Wife and go on and on for years??
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-04-2018, 11:12 PM

Just watched the final episode of series2

It can't end like this!!
What a cliffhanger...
There must be more!!

What a cracking line to an errant pig/husband..."Pack your bags and f**k off. Oh and don't forget to put your plate in the dishwasher'

Can't wait for series 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Just watched the final episode of series2

It can't end like this!!
What a cliffhanger...
There must be more!!

What a cracking line to an errant pig/husband..."Pack your bags and f**k off. Oh and don't forget to put your plate in the dishwasher'

Can't wait for series 3
ruthio, l have loved this series and can’t believe it was the last of series 2 the other night.

I think Meg Riley, the private detective, played by Fiona O'Shaughnessy, is a great actress. She is so laid back and keeps doing ‘that mouth thing’ she does.
I went off her when she started working for Dunbar and but now she’s back with Tara&Co, l like her again!

I can’t wait for series 3, either!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

23-04-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ruthio, l have loved this series and can’t believe it was the last of series 2 the other night.

I think Meg Riley, the private detective, played by Fiona O'Shaughnessy, is a great actress. She is so laid back and keeps doing ‘that mouth thing’ she does.
I went off her when she started working for Dunbar and but now she’s back with Tara&Co, l like her again!

I can’t wait for series 3, either!
I agree!

But did you understand that the brother who seemed so genuine was actually really horrible and doing his father's dirty work?
I couldn't follow that at all
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-04-2018, 07:32 PM

I agree!

But did you understand that the brother who seemed so genuine was actually really horrible and doing his father's dirty work?
I couldn't follow that at all
Yes, the brother was a right turncoat! Tara looked devastated.
I don’t like the father’s smug face. Poor, Vincent Pike was doing so well until Dunbar snr dragged up the dirt on him.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top