Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:09 PM

Re: Britain is not a nation of immigrants

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't agree. There are many who come as refugees and live in close knit communities where they don't have to learn English. Parents don't learn from kids but use them to translate.

If we take in refugees then we should be prepared to help them learn English and integrate better.
This may surprise you, but I agree with you. The women especially don't learn English, no doubt at the insistence of their male rulers (husbands, fathers, etc).

The trouble is that we encourage them not to make any effort to learn the language by providing all forms in a couple of dozen different languages.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree but that's not really the topic or going to save us anytime soon. We need a change in government for that I have my opinions on who can do it.
It is the topic because just now revenue teams are investigating the accounts of various foreign billionaires who have invested in multi million properties in the UK. They are checking whether the funds they used to purchase those properties were legit. If they find they are not legit they plan to seize the properties.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This may surprise you, but I agree with you. The women especially don't learn English, no doubt at the insistence of their male rulers (husbands, fathers, etc).

The trouble is that we encourage them not to make any effort to learn the language by providing all forms in a couple of dozen different languages.
Absolutely I don't know of any other country that does this .
barring some parts of Spain but even then it's better to speak the language of a country .
If you really want to learn a language you will learn .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The only reason we need growth is because we live beyond our means .

If we , as a nation, as in our personal economic model, earnt more than we spent we wouldn't need growth.
For example, if you earnt £100 a year but only spent £99....happy days! But if you earn £100 ayear but spend £101 ...shame and ruin!
We as a nation earn £100 and spend £140 per year.......therefore we live in Shit Street!

But politicians love to spend money they don't have so they seem better than their opponents.

That's the downside of democracy!
Hello Mr McCawber

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top