Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:09 PM

Re: Advice needed REF Cat's

I baby sat a cat at Christmas for a friend while she went out of town, it was so cute...it had a little area in the back of the closet, all fixed up nice where she could hide. They called it her condominium....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Lots of thanks to you Cat people and much appreciation for your time and effort in writing your replies .

In answer to a few of your questions, yes we a getting a kitten from a friend of our's who has two female cats that have had two litters at the same time so we have a choice of eight kittens, hopefully some are Tabbies of which we can choose one, the one we choose will be a female as they seem to be the best of the two going on what our friends advise,

Sleeping quarters for the kitten will initially be a cardboard box and a soft blanket with a fluffy toy with its sibling and mothers scent on it, hope this meets with her approval later on we will get her a cat cave or should that be a bat cave.. .......

Thank you for all your advice.....Basser..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Basser, I hope your friend will now have her two female cats speyed. There are already too many unwanted kittens in Cat Rescues waiting for new homes.

I hope you will have many happy years with your kitten
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Can I ask Basser, why is the female the best of the two? Serious question as I've never heard of that before

As a child we had a male cat, all my adult life I've had male dogs and obviously Athur is a male cat. I chose male dogs in particular but it's never crossed my mind about there being a preference for cats. ( If Arthur had been female I still would have homed her )
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Lol this is a great suggestion. Because if you don't have live mice in the house to "play" with +you will be "gifted" some lovely half-dead ones from outside about 6 to 12 months after adopting your whiskered fluffball
Ha,

Ours brings so many in we had to buy a humane mouse trap.
Anything from 1-4 times a week we catch them and let them go in the woods...

Worst we had was three in one day!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top