Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Re: Brexit is like ‘swapping three-course meal for packet of crisps’

Originally Posted by summer ->
The decision to leave the EU wasn't about trade we still want to trade. We left the Federal State of Europe or at least that's what it's on its way to becoming.

Had it just been the Common Market we joined originally we would still be a member.
Well bloody said!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Well I obviously do 'get it' because you have quoted me by agreeing that Unilever will still pay taxes on profits in the UK.
In the whole Brexit scenario we will win some and lose some and, ultimately, we may lose financially as a nation.
I still want to leave the EU regardless.
I never have made an economic case for Brexit. For me it is 100% political!
I agree.

When I voted to leave (completely!) I understood that there would likely be financial difficulties, at least initially until we got back on our feet.

After all, we suffered far worse seventy years ago when a different gentleman attempted to conquer our country using force.

My reasons were, I suspect as yours were, to regain our sovereignty and cease to be subject to laws and judicial decisions formulated by a foreign power. In addition, we should certainly take the opportunity to limit any and all immigration to those people who would be of benefit to our country.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

When I voted to leave (completely!) I understood that there would likely be financial difficulties, at least initially until we got back on our feet.

After all, we suffered far worse seventy years ago when a different gentleman attempted to conquer our country using force.

My reasons were, I suspect as yours were, to regain our sovereignty and cease to be subject to laws and judicial decisions formulated by a foreign power. In addition, we should certainly take the opportunity to limit any and all immigration to those people who would be of benefit to our country.
Careful, JBR, you might be shot for referring back to times of conflict, even if that conflict taught us much of what we know about existing in the world wide community.

We shouldn't be harping on about certain Countries attempts to manage the entire world.

We shouldn't be suggesting that it is the same countries who keep coming up with ideas of how to subjugate us into their plan for control of all.

We shouldn't even be talking about "democracy" any more as democracy has become a no-no subject.

As for the Referendum. it's clear that we who voted OUT were stupid and didn't know what we were voting for.
Which implies that the Remainers were fully versed.

One thing that is clear, however, is that, come what MAY now,the remainers have probably ensured a labour government at any upcoming election.

But, never mind. The remainers will be happy with that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Careful, JBR, you might be shot for referring back to times of conflict, even if that conflict taught us much of what we know about existing in the world wide community.

We shouldn't be harping on about certain Countries attempts to manage the entire world.

We shouldn't be suggesting that it is the same countries who keep coming up with ideas of how to subjugate us into their plan for control of all.
It is true that I cannot prove that Germany and France would like to control the whole of Europe, but can you prove that they don't?

We shouldn't even be talking about "democracy" any more as democracy has become a no-no subject.
Why? Isn't the potential loss of our democracy important?

As for the Referendum. it's clear that we who voted OUT were stupid and didn't know what we were voting for.
Which implies that the Remainers were fully versed.
You speak for yourself. I believe that time will tell who was stupid and, what is more, I assure you that I knew exactly what I was voting for.

One thing that is clear, however, is that, come what MAY now,the remainers have probably ensured a labour government at any upcoming election.

But, never mind. The remainers will be happy with that.
I sincerely hope you are wrong. If Compo and the Loonies should get into power, there would be no point discussing anything again; the country will be lost.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top