Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Is this Rash Going the Rounds?

By mid morning, yesterday, I began to notice an itchy feeling in body areas where there is more warmth. (Armpits, Jockeys, etc).

By bed time my whole body, legs, feet & arms, hands included, were bright red and very very itchy.

Had to dig out some cream and try to neutralise all this - but the result was marginal.

Never before have I experienced such itchiness, particularly on hands and Scalp.

By morning the redness was nearly gone and all that was left was the two hands and the scalp.

By this time, this evening, all seems back to normal.

Tomorrow I go for my monthly INR blood test so I'll check in at the surgery.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

The web search is not very forthcoming.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Re: Is this Rash Going the Rounds?

Hi Ted, you mention INR so I guess you are on warfarin which can cause skin rashes. You need to discuss this with your doctor and maybe consider taking an antihistamine.
Also have you been working with/using any materials recently that could have caused an allergic reaction.

I take an anticoagulant which can also cause a rash and I get an itchy rash on my back which looks like nettle rash. It comes and goes and seems worse when I get hot . I have been advised by a pharmacist to take an antihistamine
(after he checked the contraindications) when I need to .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Ted, you mention INR so I guess you are on warfarin which can cause skin rashes. You need to discuss this with your doctor and maybe consider taking an antihistamine.
Also have you been working with/using any materials recently that could have caused an allergic reaction.

I take an anticoagulant which can also cause a rash and I get an itchy rash on my back which looks like nettle rash. It comes and goes and seems worse when I get hot . I have been advised by a pharmacist to take an antihistamine
(after he checked the contraindications) when I need to .
Thanks Meg! That might be it. My medication hasn't changed for a while although the Warfarin alters from time to time.

Will ask at the Pharmacy, when I pick up my 3 month supply of pills, tomorrow.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

01-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Thanks again Meg!

The Chemist listened to my woes...and then sold me some antihistamin.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Hope that sorts it out for you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Hi

It only affects Brexiteers.

It is the Juncker Virus.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is the Juncker Virus.
....get off with you
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

02-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is the Juncker Virus.
How do you know I'm not a remainer?

I've been trying to hide my light under a bushel!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 07:29 PM

Hi Ted

Probably not the same but, my wife & I started suffering rashes about a year ago and realised it was caused by the wash powder we were using.

We'd used the same brand for years but after Googling we found out that there are widespread problems now, with countless people all suffering skin complaints.

The manufacturers have obviously changed their recipe and ingredients and it's leaving either an overly alkaline residue on clothes or some kind of chemical residue.

This was the point at which, again after Googling,I started making my own natural wash powder. We've used it ever since and have been rash and itch free.

It's made with bags of soda crystals and grated soap which contains only natural ingredients.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top