Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Post Shingles complications

I was struck down by this painful condition at Christmas and 10 weeks later I am left with a large lump on my abdomen on the left side. Medics seem puzzled as to the exact nature of this development but think its due to a combination of Shingles & Parkinson's disease resulting in a partial paralysis of the muscles & intestines in that area. Like a prolapse.

Anyone out there with notes to compare please.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:44 PM

Re: Post Shingles complications

Had shingles back in 2007 Robert, I'd just started work as a postman and had to work with it. If you have time off work in the first six months working for Royal Mail they let you go at the end of your probationary period.

I think it was brought on by stress, and it was so painful, I survived on Ibuprofen and tea......No after effects other than scars around my shoulders.

Sorry to hear about your complications Robert, hope it gets resolved soon....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 11:40 PM

Thanks Bobby for replying to my problem . Very helpful.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 01:06 AM

I had one attack two years ago. I spent New Years Eve with two facecloths that I had put wet in the freezer and then half frozen put around my neck and face. It does deaden the pain.

No other attacks since and I did get the shingles vaccine this year. Never again I hope, it is painful.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 08:08 AM

Still suffering from PHN from ophthalmic shingles which started last April. I am wondering if my shingly eye will ever recover.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-herpetic-neuralgia/
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 08:15 AM

had shingles about 5 yrs ago,have no feeling on part of my back,nerve ends knackered.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
I had one attack two years ago. I spent New Years Eve with two facecloths that I had put wet in the freezer and then half frozen put around my neck and face. It does deaden the pain.

No other attacks since and I did get the shingles vaccine this year. Never again I hope, it is painful.
Thanks for that, I thought that the pain would be the worst part of shingles but the accompanying side effects are a continuing nightmare.
Made worse by the potluck manner of its progress & aftermath.
My GP seems genuinely at a loss what to do next, avoiding intrusive care. , I have had all kinds of tests and the consensus seems to be "wait & see"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
had shingles about 5 yrs ago, have no feeling on part of my back, nerve ends knackered.
Whats up Doc?
I'm not clear whether you are still suffering from back & "nerve" problems. Could you elaborate, please.
thanks for responding
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Still suffering from PHN from ophthalmic shingles which started last April. I am wondering if my shingly eye will ever recover.

You poor thing Lila, I hope it clears up soon.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->

BTW
Thanks for the helpful link,, there is hope

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top