Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:23 PM

Re: Post Shingles complications

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Precisely warleron...and this is the reason I did not go to the hospital to see my brand new great nephew in 1982...whilst I had shingles.

I copied this from the internet:

Is shingles contagious?
Shingles is contagious and can be spread from an affected person to babies, children, or adults who have not had chickenpox. But instead of developing shingles, these people develop chickenpox. Once they have had chickenpox, people cannot catch shingles (or contract the virus) from someone else.
Oh Filly, I was going to google that and then I forgot. Thanks for posting it.

Is it saying that if you had chicken pox, you cannot get shingles? I am not focusing this morning. Cannot seem to understand..

I had chickpox when I was a child (at least my mother said I did), and I had shingles when I lived in London as an adult.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh Filly, I was going to google that and then I forgot. Thanks for posting it.

Is it saying that if you had chicken pox, you cannot get shingles? I am not focusing this morning. Cannot seem to understand..

I had chickpox when I was a child (at least my mother said I did), and I had shingles when I lived in London as an adult.
Hi Blue...if you're a baby, young adult or a senior and contract shingles from someone with them...then they appear as chicken pox and not shingles. Once you've had chicken pox...you cannot "catch" shingles from a person but if your resistance is low for one reason or another, the virus is already in your body and can become active.

Anyone who has had chicken pox can develop shingles...
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 04:35 PM

About 10 days ago I developed an itch which very quickly turned into sore, tender, painful skin

It's in the small of my back, from just above my waist to the top of my buttocks, and on the front from just above my waist to my abdomen

There is no redness, rash, or blistering

It really is quite painful. Even wearing soft clothing lke a T shirt and jogging pants, as I move and the clothing drags over me it feels like I've been scraped with a wire brush or something
There doesn't seem to be any internal pain

I also feel generally achy & tired

I had chickenpox when I was a boy. I've Searched for shingles and asked a friend who's had it, but they don't quite seem to match

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but in the meantime I wonder if anyone had any comments
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
About 10 days ago I developed an itch which very quickly turned into sore, tender, painful skin

It's in the small of my back, from just above my waist to the top of my buttocks, and on the front from just above my waist to my abdomen

It really is quite painful. Even wearing soft clothing lke a T shirt and jogging pants, as I move and the clothing drags over me it feels like I've been scraped with a wire brush or something

I had chickenpox when I was a boy. I've Searched for shingles and asked a friend who's had it, but they don't quite seem to match

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but in the meantime I wonder if anyone had any comments
Dabbing the affected area with Calamine lotion will help soothe the skin.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 05:07 PM

May be too late but I'd say go to doctor immediately, don't wait for appt.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 05:09 PM

I was alarmed to remember I'd been sitting near a baby, with her mother, just after my shingles started but before diagnosed, luckily the baby didn't catch anything. But agree, hospitals best avoided unless you have to go there.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

How did you get on?
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 08:40 PM

i got it --7 weeks maybe more now 'had it on my back ' this is the second time for me - first lot i had was the worse ' i hope iam coming out of it soon - there is never a given time to it 'but so painful it can be 'so i feel for anyone who has it ' get the vaccine done when u can as i will ...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the reminder Maddy, booking mine today.

Get well soon xx
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 03:31 PM

Hi Maddy...I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

I am happy to say...that I believe my third bout with shingles is finally over...and, what a relief.

It didn't last as long this time...only about five weeks.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top