Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Re: What a start to the week.

Blimey MC what a shock, you were lucky you neighbour found you! Just do as you're told now and get well quickly....keep us informed x
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:20 PM

Hope you dont mind me posting updates.
Today was ok till 11am when started feeling carp. So laid down.
Next thing came round to loads docs and nurses around me. Apparently i had crashed out and they had had to use defibrillators on me twice. Was rushed back down to the theatre where had to have another explority through to the blocked valve repair. Lots of x rays and scans which showed repair to artery still ok but has shown lots of damage to heart mussel causing heart to go out of kilter. Their talking about a pace maker being fitted tomorrow to keep my ticker working.

My chest is in agony from the CPR and defibrillator shocks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:37 PM

Thank you for the update MC and I am so sorry you have had another bad day.
Thank goodness you are still in hospital and this second attack didn't happen at home along again.
Take great care, and make sure you have that buzzer to hand all the time to call for help if necesssary.
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:52 PM

It's brilliant what they can do today with less invasive treatments. I watched a programme the other day when a bloke was having a heart attack and they inserted a small grabber type device through a tube inserted into his heart via a vein and removed a blood clot. As soon as they did that, his pain immediately disappeared. Sounds like a very similar operation to your MC.

Hope you fully recover soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hope you dont mind me posting updates.
Today was ok till 11am when started feeling carp. So laid down.
Next thing came round to loads docs and nurses around me. Apparently i had crashed out and they had had to use defibrillators on me twice. Was rushed back down to the theatre where had to have another explority through to the blocked valve repair. Lots of x rays and scans which showed repair to artery still ok but has shown lots of damage to heart mussel causing heart to go out of kilter. Their talking about a pace maker being fitted tomorrow to keep my ticker working.

My chest is in agony from the CPR and defibrillator shocks.
I have nothing but admiration for our doctors and nurses, they are looking after you really well MC. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow and you are soon back on the road to recovery.

Of course we don't mind you posting updates MC, we would worry about you otherwise so please keep us informed. x
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 01:09 AM

I have nothing but praise for the docs, nurses and staff here at the Kettering General cardiac. They have saved my life 3 times 2 days.

Im looking a bit worse fkr wear now. See phitos in profile. Wires sensors a d tubes everywbere
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 08:52 AM

Do keep posting when you can. It helps.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Keep on improving MC. It's marvellous what our doctors and nurses do these days. Glad you are being looked after so well.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Hi there MC, what a shock for you such a trauma, you are in the right place though that's for sure. Keep sending us updates and good luck with the procedure today. Big hugs from me x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:47 AM

I'm so sorry to hear what you've gone through.

On a brighter note, my friend has a pacemaker - she's had it about 8 years and no problems.

Once you get it fitted I think you're going to be fine.x

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top