Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:05 PM

I wanted to share a little good news with you

I inherited a cat from my deceased sister 4 years ago and discovered that he had asthma. My vet gave him and inhaler, which didn't help much, so he had a bad asthma attack on a Sunday, 2 years ago. I was frightened I may lose him so rushed him to an animal hospital, that had treated a diabetic cat that I had a few years before.

They were wonderful and got him breathing perfectly well, within 8 hours, so increased the strength of his inhaler and let me take him home.

Today I took him for his 6 monthly check up and told them that I had reduced his inhaler to once a day ( instead of twice) and sometimes he seemed so well that I reduced it to every other day. The vet smiled and said "Whatever you are doing with this cat, don't stop because he seems happy and his chest sounds wonderful"

I came out of the vets feeling wonderfully happy, because he told me that cats with asthma rarely seem as healthy as Rudi, so he must have one magnificent nurse!
I rushed home and gave Rudi a special treat for his lunch.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:08 PM

Re: I wanted to share a little good news with you

Good news, Nurse T - don't forget to have a wee treat yourself!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Good news, Nurse T - don't forget to have a wee treat yourself!
Thank you, I have spent a lot of time caring for him over the last 4 years....but this proved it was all worthwhile.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:27 PM

Great news keep up the good work ,youre doing well xxx
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:28 PM

I like animal lovers.....way to go Twink !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thank you, I have spent a lot of time caring for him over the last 4 years....but this proved it was all worthwhile.

Great news for you Twink, I can completely understand how you would have felt on hearing such a good report.
Gives us such a lift to get good news doesn't it.

Your loving TLC has rewarded you both, well done. X
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:48 PM

That is great news Twink, where is this Animal Hospital, perhaps I should go there and see if they can cure me or perhaps I should let you care for me Twink.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
That is great news Twink, where is this Animal Hospital, perhaps I should go there and see if they can cure me or perhaps I should let you care for me Twink.
Get over here Susie, if I dedicate as much time to you, as I do to my cats, you will be cured in no time!
The hospital is in Northwich Cheshire and when my diabetic cat was very ill they sent blood samples to the USA. Sadly it was too late, but they did all they could!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

20-03-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Great news for you Twink, I can completely understand how you would have felt on hearing such a good report.
Gives us such a lift to get good news doesn't it.

Your loving TLC has rewarded you both, well done. X
What they didn't tell me was, if he gets a lot better he will become livelier and start chasing the other cats round the house!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Some happy news, for a change . That's lovely to share Twink.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top