Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Do you keep cash in the house?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would if I had some.
Have you checked your Lotto ticket?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Have you checked your Lotto ticket?
No but I might check your drawers.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No but I might check your drawers.
You cheeky monkey
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:39 PM

I can understand that Tara. I hope it makes him feel more involved. Difficult I know.
He needs the money as he takes himself out for lunch once a week at the local eatery, and often gets bits and pieces from store in the village. He would prefer to use a card but wouldn't remember the pin number.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:40 PM

We don't usually keep any money in the house, other than what is in my purse and OH's wallet and get an amount out each month for the bits and bobs we might need cash for. Just about everything is paid for by debit or credit card. I always round up whatever we spend and keep a running total. Like Sweetie pie we always have a bit more in the current account than we think we have because of the rounding up. Every now and then I justify the balance and surprisingly last time it was over£1000 out and we felt as if it was a bonus to add it back on. I must have taken something off twice and made mistakes in my deductions.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He needs the money as he takes himself out for lunch once a week at the local eatery, and often gets bits and pieces from store in the village. He would prefer to use a card but wouldn't remember the pin number.
So you made it easier for him. That is lovely Tara.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:42 PM

That is £71.39.
Lol. Thank you! That is approximate. Sometimes more or sometimes depending on needs for "treat" expenses, etc
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
We don't usually keep any money in the house, other than what is in my purse and OH's wallet and get an amount out each month for the bits and bobs we might need cash for. Just about everything is paid for by debit or credit card. I always round up whatever we spend and keep a running total. Like Sweetie pie we always have a bit more in the current account than we think we have because of the rounding up. Every now and then I justify the balance and surprisingly last time it was over£1000 out and we felt as if it was a bonus to add it back on.
WOW! Well done you.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 06:48 PM

I keep a little cash in my wallet but never very much. Some coins for the coffee machine at work and about a tenner for milk etc.
I also keep an envelope with about £40 in it per month which covers newspapers, the window cleaner, a haircut and a couple of extra Lotto draws if needed.
If I'm going out at the weekend I'll get enough in cash from an ATM the day before on my way home from work.
Everything else I pay by card.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:17 PM

There's probably never more than about £25, It wasn't always like that though. When i bought my Cab & Plate about 30yrs ago, i paid over £17k
(at the time i'd paid about the same price for my house.) and the driver who was selling up wanted cash. Couldn.t believe it then, but as i got into the job and saw more Cabs bought and sold, it was always in cash, and not always with a receipt.
I bought an old second -hand heavy fireproof safe, now it's only used for important paperwork.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top